Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BioBeast Progress...

Bio, is this going to be 3 cells or 4? Also would like to see the comments of the douters when you serve it up to them.

What forum is that?

"D"

my gosh.... it's a big one!.... cant wait for the results.... i've also got a trail of unbelivers i'd like to prove wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Bio, is this going to be 3 cells or 4? Also would like to see the comments of the douters when you serve it up to them.

What forum is that?

"D"
    Darrell,
    It's a 7 group 5 plate (or 4 cell) per group unipolar reactor that takes advantage of the space saving and resistance minimizing construction technique that Larry (HHOPWR) utilized on his Magnetic Beastie. The diesel forum is Oilburners.com, they have a really active and informative area dedicated to the old idi 7.3's (pre-Powerstroke) like I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bio, can I ask why you chose to go to with a odd number of plates in each group? If I remember right, Larry went with a even amount (14 plates) in each group. Will you also have seperate tanks and bubblers as well?

Sorry for all the questions, just digging a little. LOL!!!

"D"

Darrell,
    No prob.. The plate count doesn't matter in the same way that it does in a bipolar reactor as far as splitting the voltage, I went with 5 & could have easily gone with 4 because my plates are large, but then I couldn't try out my double reservoir idea. The current density is calculated to be very low since there is 225 sq. in per group times 7 groups. That works out to 1575 sq. in total for this reactor, and if you figure an eighth of an amp per sq. in., that still puts you at 196.875amps to drive this thing.. I have a feeling though, that it is going to do just fine at a much lower current density than that.
    As for the separate tanks and bubblers- yes, but only two. A pos & a neg reservoir (Carter- I got brass hose couplers so I can test leakage for you) because I'm pretty sure that I can nullify any current leakage by having the end plates in a given section either pos or neg only- (can't do that with an even number) and pulling e-lyte from and pumping gas to a reservoir devoted to which ever polarity the end plates in that section are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe another dumb question (usually is with me), but how much elyte does 1 lpm use pm?... not much i bet.
    in other words, how many liters of hho std (room temp and pressure) do you get from 1gram (1ml) of elyte?

Kimbo,
    Sorry, I just can't remember right off the top of my head, but I did run across it some where recently... Check GoogleBooks for for texts on hydrogen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe another dumb question (usually is with me), but how much elyte does 1 lpm use pm?... not much i bet.
    in other words, how many liters of hho std (room temp and pressure) do you get from 1gram (1ml) of elyte?
    Kimbo, maybe I am misunderstanding the question but the electrolyte theoretically does not get used up only water. In a well designed reactor only small amounts of electrolyte escapes and hopefully is trapped in a well designed bubbler or filter of some type.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

yeah... meant the water.

If I remember correctly 1 liter of water is about 1700 liters of HHO.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.