Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HHO 21 plate cell weird configuration?

Pictures of the corroded plates

Here are the pics.

Man, those plates are toast! Way over-amped.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Well...as I mentioned there is 20A fuse set up so...could those 15-19 amps cause that damage or it is the Baking soda used as a electrolyte with Hydrogen Peroxide ?

Here is the update.
    From 21 plate cell I removed the two active toasted plates and now
    the cell is +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN-
    I run a test and started with 1 tsp KOH to 1 liter distilled water showing 2A
    Added some more and some more and now I am at 20 tsp KOH per 2 Liters of distilled water and it is drawing only 9 Amps with HHO production = 1 liter for 1min and 50 sec.
    What am I doing wrong here ?
    Do I need to keep the concentration up until I reach 15-20 amps or plug in the PWM?

Thanks in advance!

OK.Here are the pics.
    This is the setup . The only thing I added was instead of 1/4 outlets I changed them with 3/8 and added two more outlets with the "T" joint.
    Please, let me know if that was a bad idea.

If your electrolyte color is that dark brown I would recommend changing it.

I'd also switch to some clear tubing at least going to the inlet, and attach a couple neodymium magnets to catch any magnetic debris that may be clouding the electrolyte (if enough of it settles inside the reactor it will cause a short). The less debris collected the better. You can pick up some of those magnets at harbor freight for around $1. Or if you have an old hard drive lying around (and don't need), tear it apart and take the neodymium magnet from there.

As for cleaning, drain the brown electrolyte. then fill the reactor with distilled water and power on again. If it produces any gas, let it run for a while, then drain and re-rinse.

Is your center power plate sealed (no holes)?

If you are just using a battery on your test bench your results will be much different in the car. You need to always include the voltage at the reactor when giving us results. This way we can tell how efficient your reactor is, and can estimate what it will do with higher voltage. I would make the final adjustment to the electrolyte after it is running on 13.8 volts not 12 or less.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    If you are just using a battery on your test bench your results will be much different in the car. You need to always include the voltage at the reactor when giving us results. This way we can tell how efficient your reactor is, and can estimate what it will do with higher voltage. I would make the final adjustment to the electrolyte after it is running on 13.8 volts not 12 or less.
    Carter, you beat me to it- I was going to ask if that battery I saw in the background was the power source...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, I need to measure the voltage on each power plate?

Quote Originally Posted by ioang26 View Post
    Here are the pics.
    I've seen that type of results from one of my clients. what happen with his cell was: he did not mix the solution in a seperatel container and let the NaOH dissolved complete before filling the reservoir. He added the distilled water in the reservoir and then poured in the 1lb of NaOH in the resevoir and attemp to mix it. when you do that some of the NaOH will migrate into the cell without being dissolved and if you get enough in a cluster it will bound together and become solid.

If the initial solution you filled the reservoir is not strong enough to draw the amps you desire. Hopefully you have a drain valve on your system, if s o drain several ources into another container and then add more KOH or NaOH to that solution, then return the solution back into the reservoir, instead of just pouring the NaOH or KOH into the reservoir directly. I suspect you poured your electrolyte directly into your reservoir.

With this configuration: -NNNNN+NNNNN- I found with NaOH, using 1 lb per 1 gl is sufficient to get initial 10-15 amps cold and it might climb to 15-20 amps if the OAT is in the 90-100 degree.