Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hho gas

That's a good idea. Thanks!

Out of curiosity what would happen if koh goes inside the engine?

I know every car is different. What kind of connector do you recommend to put in the bottom of the air filter?
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by giga pipe View Post
    Reference this post. It will give you a good idea of it.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showpost.ph...46&postcount=9

Ouch! What did u do to clean it?

That's a good idea. Thanks!

I know every car is different. What kind of connector do you recommend to put in the bottom of the air filter?
    Thanks again!
    KOH eats aluminum like I eat key lime pie.. But we design for the cumulative effects and worst case scenarios. Most of the danger is to aluminum intake components- throttle body, manifold. The risk to pistons and heads is virtually nil unless some bizarre sequence of events sends a big slurp of electrolyte into the intake air. This is a good argument for designing reactors that run cool and building tall bubblers with turbulators.

I like simple, so I would just drill a hole of the appropriate diameter (plastic air filter box, right?) to accept the threads of a barbed fitting that fit my hose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ouch! What did u do to clean it?

When KOH gets to aluminum, there's no "cleaning" involved. The photo NST linked to was my MAF sensor. I had to throw it out & buy a new one (over $100). It also did the same, but not nearly as bad, to my throttle body.

Also, since you're new here, be sure to wire everything so the reactor will not run if the engine isn't running!!! Here's my old intake manifold after forgetting to turn the reactor power switch off for a few moments & then restarting.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Yea I'm hooking it up to a relay and a switch just incase. I can't wait to get started. Currently I get 12 city and 22hwy average. I'm hoping to double my MPG. I'm wondering if my 9 plate cell can do it for my 2001 rx300 v6 3.0 L engine.

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    when koh gets to aluminum, there's no "cleaning" involved. The photo nst linked to was my maf sensor. I had to throw it out & buy a new one (over $100). It also did the same, but not nearly as bad, to my throttle body.

Also, since you're new here, be sure to wire everything so the reactor will not run if the engine isn't running!!! Here's my old intake manifold after forgetting to turn the reactor power switch off for a few moments & then restarting.:d
    beeg kaboomski, da!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If i have a 3qt resevior. How much water and Koh do you recommend me putting? What is the ideal current I should be getting?

If i have a 3qt resevior. How much water and Koh do you recommend me putting? What is the ideal current I should be getting?
    Lets see how rusty and incorrect my math is...
    A common mixture of KOH is 28% by weight. You have a 3QT reservoir which is .75gallons. 1 gallon of water is roughly 8.3lbs.
    8.3lbs * .75 = 6.225lbs
    6.225lbs * .28 = 1.75lbs of KOH

Keep in mind that the KOH will displace some of the water, so you'll need to re-work the numbers a bit in order to come up with what you'll need to fit in your reservoir.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong

You can get a rough number of amps by calculating the common .5A per sqr inch of active plate area. If your plates are blasted, you may be able to handle more - but this is the fun of the experimentation

Just to confirm. Its safer to put the hho before the airintake so it can collect koh particles. Right? What about the map sensor. Would that be affected? I told my friend that my sensor would take care if that. But I'm not 100% positive