Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Interceptors

Again, good luck with it. The more I look at their claims, the more skeptical I become. All I've heard from them was:

Hi Lee ,

Thank you for visiting our website, Mileage Shop.

We received your email inquiry and have forwarded it to the appropriate department.

We try to respond to every email within 2 to 3 hours, but never over 24 hours!

Someone will be in contact with you soon.

Thanks again.

Customer Service,

Mileage Shop

If the reactor puts out anywhere near the claimed amount & will work by merely re-booting the ECU, then they've discovered some 'miracle' type of HHO that won't change the O2 sensors signals.
    Sorry for the skepticism, but I've got more than a little experience in this field and really hate seeing people purchase products that don't live up to their claims.
    Just do yourself & us a favor: When you receive the unit, take photo's and post all available information. We'll give you any help you may need, especially since this pertains to your job.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    If the reactor puts out anywhere near the claimed amount & will work by merely re-booting the ECU, then they've discovered some 'miracle' type of HHO that won't change the O2 sensors signals.
    Sorry for the skepticism, but I've got more than a little experience in this field and really hate seeing people purchase products that don't live up to their claims.
    Just do yourself & us a favor: When you receive the unit, take photo's and post all available information. We'll give you any help you may need, especially since this pertains to your job.
    I'll do exactly that. Thanks for the assistance.

228Robinson, be aware of federal law that prohibits any changes to any emission device, ECU, O2 sensors, etc. Could be a $2500 fine, that could be embarrassing for a police department.

228robinson, believe me.

You can trust the people of this forum. If you Believe the sellers of dreams, you might be disappointed.

I bought a HHO kit on e-bay, supposedly one of the best and I had to redo the reactor ....

Best regards

228Robinson, be aware of federal law that prohibits any changes to any emission device, ECU, O2 sensors, etc. Could be a $2500 fine, that could be embarrassing for a police department.
    This is one of the reasons that I asked what state you were in. The federal statute is not actively enforced in most states if at all and is easily defeated if taken to court, but only if the unit works and is actually cleaning up the exhaust and proper disposal of used electrolyte is adhered to. Now if you were in California then the state statute will nail you and makes it harder to defeat in court but not impossible, again as long as it does clean up the exhaust. One problem is that it is illegal to put any device on your car in California that alters the fuel system or exhaust system unless it has CARB approval good or bad. The other problem is which is cheaper the fine or the defense. Now we all know that hot roders and HHO developers and experimenters do this all the time and there is no real inspection other than when you go to get a smog certificate but could cause a problem and you need to be aware of it. I am sure over time all of this will be resolved as manufactures are going to be forced to get there devices EPA and CARB approved which is a real political problem in California and will require some big bucks and possibly a court case or two.

A well designed system and properly tuned vehicle to accept the HHO will have cleaner exhaust and give you a reasonable gain in mileage. A device that is poorly designed will do little but might clean up the exhaust a little over time but could increase the carbon content of the exhaust to start with and increase pollution, if the cars computer starts running rich which happens quite often. I am afraid that a lot of people make this sound much easier than it actually is to get it all right and their sales pitches are way out of the realm of reality in a lot of cases.

You will find good advise here, by people who have had a lot of experience. I and others will be very interested in your progress so please keep us updated.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

If your state prohibits such devices discretion is required just uninstall the unit before inspections & re-install after inspection

228Robinson>> FYI, it's been 2 days now and I still haven't heard anything from the company regarding the simple questions I asked.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

My apologies to everyone. I had several minutes to really read this post, having said that, may I asked several question about the Crown Vic. I currently have several Town Car in my area with my system, constantly recording 25-30% increase. One factor you will encounter with any system you install in those vehicle is the solution migrating to the bubbler and filling it with your solution and eventually into your intake. I've fixed that problem:

So entertain my question for my own data collection: Also, send me a PM I have a proposal to make.

year:

Engine:

Trans:

Alt output:

any additional specs about the car will help, but I have an idea about your car. Just want to make sure I have my facts correct.

Start looking for space where you are going to install a cell and send me photos of the location. thank you.

Oh yeah, it is a waist of time to try getting any data from most of the vendors selling the latest and greatest cell. Let's say I have half dozen cell in my backyard from my reverse engineering and lack of support from the vendors. the plates from the cell makes great bracket for my bike system.

Ben

Ben, I thought you had died or something. It is about time. With your experience this is a perfect match IMHO.

228Robinson, Ben is one of your best chances of success and I would consult with him for sure.

I would suggest you give him what the average speed or type of driving your cars do. I suspect it is stop and go and not a whole lot of high speed cursing. This could help in tuning.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

The interceptor programing does make it a little different but still doable.