Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice For A 2000 Acura TL

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Ben, on most OBD II vehicles I set the base and then reset them once a week for a month and then set them to a known number if I have done one before. I was experimenting with resetting that another 4 times in a month and slowly moving it up over a 3 month period. Some improve dramatically and others only improve a little and then mess up. Most people are not willing to put up with this nonsense though. I was only doing it for testing purposes to find out what the adaptive learning max is for as many vehicles that I could get tested. I have stopped and gone to using AME FIC's and some Apexi's I am much happier with the new AME FIC I picked up. Have already tested it on a couple of vehicles and have gotten some excellent results. You do need to spend more money and install an EGT gauge to get the max. Lot more to learn though!!
    Carter,

You are very lucky having an easy access to that kind of resource, that is one thing I missed when the Navy moved me from CA to MD. I'll PM you with my info, so if they need another source for data they can contact me. I've shared this with future clients.

Ben:

Thanks to you as well, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I bought the one I am using on Craigslist. I am limited to 6 injecters with this one but got it less than half price. Can not afford to buy one from the factory yet. The factory is in California so I went and visited them and they can make changes to it so I can use it on a V8 too. They called me on Monday and wanted me to come back and discuss a new product with them. I will ask them which one would be best for your truck. There is a couple of guys there that are interested in what we are doing and are willing to help out. They are thinking about a complete system that will work on all cars that will be close to plug and play. That is what I am going to see them about some time next week. I will see if I can get a better price or maybe even a unit to try out on your truck. The harness is what they might have to custom build for you. They will need data on the adjustments to help the programers so might be willing to ship you one in exchange for the information. I will try anyway and let you know by PM

Carter,

It's very interesting, if they can provide a complet system or something to near to plug and play...

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Mike,
    One thing I've experienced with imports is, installed the system, adjust the EFIE to the base line mv. He has a narrow band system: 350mv on the front and 200 rear. Run the system the way half tank, use an OBDII re-set tool or disconnect neg batt and re-set the ECU. Do that several times as he or she drives the vehicle on their daily drive routine route. The ECU needs to be re-set at min 3 times, Then set the front O2 to 400mv and drive that way for two to three tank.
    Oh yeah, the 3.2 will require the min LPM anymore it will throw codes and set the CEL of.
    Just to make sure I got it right, should the two sensors be set at 350mv and 200mv added to the base line numbers (or subtracted). Or, are these the actual values to set the voltages (because they sound low)?

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    Just to make sure I got it right, should the two sensors be set at 350mv and 200mv added to the base line numbers (or subtracted). Or, are these the actual values to set the voltages (because they sound low)?
    Mike,
    Sent a PM with an answer to your question.

This post is good and I hope can more share
    -------------------------------------------
    coach outlet
    Coach Handbags
    Coach outlet factory

Take your crapola somewhere else. You are not fooling anyone!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .