Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PM from J oops

-Still wont let me send you a PM...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Video of the unipolar layout

OK, I got burned out this evening drawing the perspective of this thing and decided to just shoot a quick video instead. I'll definitely do the construction drawings, but perspective's are always a pain in the butt. Anyway, here is the link...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iioQ4kp8MNM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some fine work there Bio. I think you will be really surprised with the results this time around. I wish my work was that good!!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Gus,

I don't like you when you post something I cannot view from work, now I have to wait until I get home to enjoy your fine work. I've finish my plates to try your cell design.

So you're taking the plunge... You are going to have to keep me updated with photos. What kind of amperage/area/output are you shooting for? If I read you right, you're probably going after the big diesel market now. How is the dryer/filter holding up so far? I did a "blow" test on my desiccant dryer and was surprised at the backpressure it developed, it felt like 3 or 4 psi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    So you're taking the plunge... You are going to have to keep me updated with photos. What kind of amperage/area/output are you shooting for? If I read you right, you're probably going after the big diesel market now. How is the dryer/filter holding up so far? I did a "blow" test on my desiccant dryer and was surprised at the backpressure it developed, it felt like 3 or 4 psi.
    Gus,

The filter is performing great, I am trying to capture some time to share the construction. My new project is for the T-58 Turbo Shaft gas turbine used of fixed generator being used in San Diego. A college buddy is an engineer there, he heard I am playing with this process. He had challege me to build a cell to assist with their fuel consumption. so I suggested inducing HHO to the T-58. will see. Yes, I am shooting for large production. this thinkering time to keep my going has evolved to something I might not much time to maintain.

Alaska, but currently deployed to Afghanistan

Changes from your original design

Like what I'm seeing, very professional looking. Nice video.
    Couple of questions.

1. I see holes instead of slots on the setup in the video.
    2. Do gas holes need to be staggered on the unipolar design vs the polar design?
    3. Using different reservoirs for the positive stack and negative stack- still required for the unipolar design?
    4. Weldon 16 is this used only to seal the threads on the pipe fittings on the HDPE plates?

Thanks for all the help. I have a few people who are also interested and are waiting for me to get all the info.

You see holes because the plates were made before the superiority of slots for unipolar designs was realized/learned of.

No, the holes do NOT need to be staggered in a unipolar design, the necessity for staggering (neutral plates) doesn't exist any longer.

Separate reservoirs may be an overabundance of caution to prevent even the smallest amount of current leakage, which may be able to be eliminated by feed and gas hoses of sufficient length. Myoldyourgold, HHOPWR and I are still tossing this one around. I have the room in my truck bed so I'm going with separate reservoirs.

Weldon-16 is only used to electrically insulate in and around the holes on the SS plates in a BIPOLAR reactor, it is unnecessary in a UNIPOLAR reactor. Teflon tape can be used in the nylon to HDPE fitting connections.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    OK, I got burned out this evening drawing the perspective of this thing and decided to just shoot a quick video instead. I'll definitely do the construction drawings, but perspective's are always a pain in the butt. Anyway, here is the link...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iioQ4kp8MNM
    Very nice... Now my unipolar Newbie question. In one of your answer to this post you'd shown 7 grouping to cut down on the amps between two plate. What was you solution mix are you using for those 7 groupings? Here's what I put together this evening. -+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Total of 15 plates. I was thinking of putting two of these together. Instead of having the 1" HDPE I was going to use my standard 3/8" and use straight fitting to connect the inlet and outlet for now just to test these configuration. I have an early flight so I ran out of time so I can get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Very nice... Now my unipolar Newbie question. In one of your answer to this post you'd shown 7 grouping to cut down on the amps between two plate. What was you solution mix are you using for those 7 groupings? Here's what I put together this evening. -+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Total of 15 plates. I was thinking of putting two of these together. Instead of having the 1" HDPE I was going to use my standard 3/8" and use straight fitting to connect the inlet and outlet for now just to test these configuration. I have an early flight so I ran out of time so I can get some sleep.
    Slam on the brakes chief! The divider plates split the volts not the amps, so that bad boy will be running 12v between each plate. I use 7 groups to split 13.6v in to 1.94v per group. In the first attached drawing is a 4 group reactor (my first one), it still shows standalone groups, so ignore that- the thing to pay attention to is the way the electrical connections are arranged. That and that alone, is what makes it unipolar. The second drawing shows how it is going together this time- except I'm showing two extra plates per group that aren't going to be there, but I am showing the path the e-lyte and gas take between groups to maintain a pos and a neg reservoir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]