Thread: oil cooler clean?

oil cooler clean?

hi all... anyone know the best way to clean out an oil cooler?
    i want to fit one on the feed to my reactor and i can't afford a new one so i've got to use a second hand unit and i want it to be CLEAN! (internaly).... ideas on supa clean flushing techniques please..... thanks in advance..... kimbo

Is it aluminum or steel?

If it's not aluminum, this may sound odd but a hot solution of NaOH could be run through it with a pump as it's used to break up oil and clean drains.

Otherwise, aluminum or not, running a degreasing detergent through it and then give a thorough rinsing with distilled and acetone should do it.

I want to fit one on the feed to my reactor
    If you are going to use a cooler on the feed side of the reactor and you are using NaOH or KOH you better use a stainless steel cooler. Aluminum will get destroyed and pollute the electrolyte quite quickly. You should not need a cooler if your reactor is running properly anyway. The steel coolers still react with the electrolyte and could cause problems over time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

ok ...maybe i'll ditch the cooler idea till i know how hot things are gonna get.
    just trying to think of every eventuallity... thanks guys.