Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Labella's PWM?

Anyone use Labella's PWM?

I'm back in the market for a 30-50amp PWM and was wondering if anyone is using the Labella's Garage unit? This one actually comes with mounting brackets.

I like the low profile of yours along with the mounting flanges. The PCU-3 (and PCU-2) doesn't have any external mounting hardware. And the four small 8-32 holes I drilled into the corners of the enclosure were by the company's terms "damage" that caused the unit to fail. (I have the emails to document that)

I can only conclude that they intend for their units to either bounce around loose under the hood or to be secured with bungie cords. Call me crazy but I tend to avoid using either of those methods for securing expensive high amperage components.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    That's nothing more than a motor controller. You want a constant current PWM.

Here is my latest design:

Not officially on the market yet.... price will be $125 or less shipped.
    Shane that unit looks interesting. Please provide me with more info on this unit. What is the current rating.

Shane, exclent looking and I am sure it works as good as it looks. How is the reactor doing? Give us an update.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Looking good, Shane! Glad to see you're getting something accomplished.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Would you suggest a cooling fan as some added insurance or does the case sink the heat away adequately by its self?

Keep us posted, that unit sounds like it's going to work great. My entire system has been bench tested, flow measured and is installed ready to go. The only thing left is a PWM that actually works for me. Wouldn't that be fun!

Shane would love to see this unit controlled by voltage as an option. That would allow the input to be controlled via a map sensor for example or throttle position sensor.

Shane would love to see this unit controlled by voltage as an option. That would allow the input to be controlled via a map sensor for example or throttle position sensor.
    I second that. I would then be convinced to use a PWM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_R View Post
    X3 on that-
    Shane, I will be pulling about 100A+, what will it take to upgrade the terminals, and is it adjustable with a pot so I could just clamp an arm onto the shaft for mechanical input from my throttle cable?
    At the amperage I'm pulling I'm reasonably sure it would be a good idea to have some supplemental cooling and I have plenty of room under the hood, could you assemble one on a chunk of finned aluminum heat sink so I could direct some airflow over it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]