Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use Labella's PWM?

I already have my reactors switch off at idle. The only time the lag is even an issue is if you are idling for a long time. The reactor keeps working for a little after current is shut off so if it is not long there is just less volume. Unless you are building a hot rod the lag should not be a giant problem. It will sure help with tuning though.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    X3 on that-
    Shane, I will be pulling about 100A+, what will it take to upgrade the terminals, and is it adjustable with a pot so I could just clamp an arm onto the shaft for mechanical input from my throttle cable?
    At the amperage I'm pulling I'm reasonably sure it would be a good idea to have some supplemental cooling and I have plenty of room under the hood, could you assemble one on a chunk of finned aluminum heat sink so I could direct some airflow over it?
    Yes that could work too. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hhoelectronics View Post
    Some details: There is always a delay between the current and the gas available at the output. So, when you step on the pedal, the MAP sensor will activate the PWM, but you will not get the gas in the same moment. The delay is related to the cell. Did you consider this problem?
    Yes I have thought of this. I will adjust output based on rpm. The alternator amperage varies with rpm so at idle little current draw is required. This type of setup is most suitable for gradual acceleration. Another way around the delay is to set the unit to increase amperage about 1000 rpm before its needed buying some time. This would again depend on driving style but the point is with electronics trickery and proper tuning I am sure the delay can be brought to a minimum.