Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 silverado 5.7

2003 silverado 5.7

So I decided to make a thread in the appropriate spot on the forum. As the title of the thread says, I have an '03 Silverado 5.7L V8 and am looking at running HHO. Being as the entire setup will be in my engine compartment, what would be the best way? What should I use as a bubbler? As I live in Montana and we frequently have weeks at subzero temberatures, I heard of putting alcohol into the water but is it alcohol as in Everclear or alcohol as in rubbing alcohol? Enclosed is the best picture I could get of my engine bay with my cell phone. Feel free to add to it in any manner. Thanks.
    Koya: You said that you had to move the battery. How did you move it, and where to?

Replace your air intake shrouding and let your engine get its air through he engine compartment instead of the all the duct work through the fender. This will free up enough space for your reservoir and possibly your bubbler. Can you find an area in front of your radiator for the cell? You might be able to mount your cell in your front fender.

My apologies I did not kept up on answering your question from the other post. If I told you I removed the batt, I was having a senior moment. Bhart is correct, you will need to mount your cell in front of the bumper and below the rad, hence that's why the cells (3 of them) I installed on a 1994 GMC with 5.7 liter TBI are my 3" X 5.5" two stack cell mounted with custom brackets with the 4" PVC in behind the bumper for the secondary reservoir. The primary is also a 4" PVC 10" long with glued end caps mounted next to the vapor canister just behind the right head light as close as you can to the rad.

You will need to treat your O2. I think your truck has a "knock" sensor. If so, you are lucky, it will adjust the timing for you.

The client is stopping by next week for his 3K check up I will take photos, the one I initially taken I cannot find in my "puter". It's an ages things. Seriously I am busy with work and helping with engineers maybe applying this to stationary gas turbine generators. Yes, turbo shaft jet engines sucking HHO.

Thanks, I would greatly appreciate the pictures. I was reading on one of your other posts with a picture of the secondary reservoir, and while I understand the concept, I am not exactly sure how it would work. From what I am gathering it would be something like this:

[primary]
    |
    | -----[bubbler]-------[intake]
    | |
    [secondary]
    | |
    | |
    [cells]

Quote Originally Posted by steve169 View Post
    Thanks, I would greatly appreciate the pictures. I was reading on one of your other posts with a picture of the secondary reservoir, and while I understand the concept, I am not exactly sure how it would work. From what I am gathering it would be something like this:

[primary]
    |
    | -----[bubbler]-------[intake]
    | |
    [secondary]
    | |
    | |
    [cells]
    Here's a rough version using PPT to illustrate. Hope this helps.

Ben

I Like to see "Waterless Bubbler"

That link makes sense to me, however, the one thing that still confuses me is that water doesn't run uphill. If the secondary reservoir is lower than the cells, wouldn't the solution stay static in the secondary? Or is it the pressure of the solution in the primary that pushes whats in the secondary into the cells and then the hho pushing solution from the cells back into the primary?

The primary reservoir that feeds the secondary reservoir is higher than the cell so it would keep the electrolyte level in the cell full.

Couldn't I just as well put the primary somewhere around the red square and the bubbler(s) by the blue squares?

Where ever you have the room, if it fits in those locations use it. I have a 1997 k1500 Chevy and I put my first bubbler between the radiator and the fan.

Best set-up would be to have every thing close with the least amount of hose.