Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 silverado 5.7

K, sounds good. What's the best sealant, silicone, or a grommet from like Lowe's, etc?

so what would be the best sealant, teflon tape, silicon, or pipe dope?

don't have the data with right now, I called Gus last night and gave him the info on a product to glue HDPE together with 700lb capacity. this should work for the fitting on the reservoir. Currently I am using a gasket maker (black) to use on the thread plus the thread tape.

By the way, you need to use small drill bit for your starter hole so when you tap is you are force the tap through. The injected mold tank should be able to accpet the tap, so when you thread you fitting on it is tighter to thread on.

Added info, on your tubing, use a heat gun to heat the tubing before you slide onto the fitting. While the tubing is hot it will expand to the fitting outside dia, when it cools it will return to the original inside and will grip the outside of the fitting. This is tight application, to the point you need to use the heat gun to remove it from the fitting. with this mothed I don't clamp or zip ties anymore.

Ben, If you could get some pictures of the truck that you installed a system on, it would be very helpfull and much appreciated. Thanks.