Thread: How long before to see better Mpg ?

How long before to see better Mpg ?

Hi,

Today was a great day for me. I installed my HHO reactor in my car. I run 100 km but no MPG gain. How long before to see a MPG gain ?

Car: Honda Civic Si 2004 (Canadian version)
    Engine: 1.7 liters VTEC
    Transmission: Auto
    HHO output: 0.8 LPM (control with CCPWM)
    EFIE fuel-saver set: wideband ->1/4 left ( 9 o'clock) and narrowband -> 250mv

New spart-plugs: Pulstar Iridium
    New air filter

I reset the ECU this morning

Thanks in advance

How many km do you drive a week? Do you feel any difference in the performance of the car? You need to reset the ECU every week if you are driving enough. It might take a couple or more resets but some Hondas can be a real pain. You might need to drop to 500ml if you do not see any gain but first give it a good 500 to 1000 km to settle down. You also might need to set it up so it turns off at idle. This helps a lot. Some Older obd I Civics are getting 45 to 55 mpg on just 500 to 700 mlpm but are using some custom programing/stand alone cutom ECU.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Hi,

Today was a great day for me. I installed my HHO reactor in my car. I run 100 km but no MPG gain. How long before to see a MPG gain ?

Car: Honda Civic Si 2004 (Canadian version)
    Engine: 1.7 liters VTEC
    Transmission: Auto
    HHO output: 0.8 LPM (control with CCPWM)
    EFIE fuel-saver set: wideband ->1/4 left ( 9 o'clock) and narrowband -> 250mv

New spart-plugs: Pulstar Iridium
    New air filter

I reset the ECU this morning

Thanks in advance
    That wide band EFIE from fuel saver is tough, as Carter mentioned you need to re-set the ECU every other trip. Meaning if you drive the same route for the whole week re-set first thing Monday then on Wednesday just before you start out. My daughter 2005 Accord did not take that long because when come home from college, the first thing I do was re-set it. the trip was 2 hours, so long drives helps the ECU to accept the data it is receiving.

HI

I drive about 500 km a week (40 km / day)
    I feel that the engine runs more smoothly but also to have more power.

Hi,

This morning, I found this old thread on fuel-saver.org forum ....
    http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Fro...ighlight=clock

''When you get the EFIE or if you already have it, turn it FULL CCW it will be close to 6 O' clock, start from that position working your war towards the 7-8 O' clock position. As I recomment, start with 7:30-8 O' clock. ''

So I decided to make a change to my WideBand Dual EFIE. I turn the pot from 9 o'clock to 7:30 o'clock and I reset the ECU. I went to about 80 km and immediately, I noticed an MPG improvement.

Tomorrow: 11.2 liters/100km
    Today: 8.2 liters/100km

It looks very promising

Thank you Benjamin !!!

My old your gold,

Is that for every car. I don't see a change yet. I only have the chip I didn't get EFIE.
    However I does feel a bit more powerful
    --------------------
    2001 LEXUS RX300

There is many reason for no gains like the right amount of HHO for your engine, injecting it in the right place and the list goes on. Resetting the computer helps all OBD I or II vehicles. If you are not getting any gains at all you could have some problem. Toyota's have there own set of problems and I suspect that Lexus is the same. Some vehicles computers are just harder to get to accept the HHO. I am not familiar with your car. You will have refresh me with all the particulars or your system even if you have posted it before. I really can not remember everyone's setup and do not have the time to go back and reread them at the moment if it was already posted.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Giga Pipe, I think you should ask these questions on the thread your started and it would easier for old guys like me. I hope your wife hasn't tried to killed you and is now looking for me. I will answer this later with a little more detail on your thread where I have access to other information already posted.