Thread: 95 Toyota Tacoma 2.7l 4cyl

95 Toyota Tacoma 2.7l 4cyl

So I'm new to this whole HHO kit instalation. I have read that I might need to reset my CPU in my truck due to it being a fuel injected system. How would I go about doing that? I was told that my truck automatically times the spark but I'm not sure if it will automatically adjust the fuel ratio with the HHO being induce to the intake. And if you have any other tips that would help to get the most out of my system that would be greatly appreciated. Also my truck is a single cab 4wd and manuel if that changes anything.

Resetting the CPU is simple, just disconnect and reconned the negative battery terminal. From what I have read, most, if not all, gas engines are programmed to have an exhaust ratio of 14.7:1. If there is more oxygen in the exhaust the computer thinks there's not enough fuel and adds more, and if there is less oxygen then the computer thinks there is too much fuel and cuts fuel supply. Now that poses a problem with the HHO. What is the byproduct of buring hydroxy? More oxygen. Since the computer isnt going to recognize the added fuel to the AFR, we need to combat the added o2 in the exhaust so the computer isnt adding more fuel thus negating any positive impact of the HHO. To combat the problem of the added oxygen in the exhaust, we need an EFIE. This is a tunable piece of equipment that allows you to add, or decrease depending on your o2 sensor(s), the amount of electicity in milivolts to the signal wire of your sensor. Through tuning the EFIE, we are telling the CPU that the exhaust ratio is less than 14.7:1 making it cut fuel supply to compensate for the added fuel in the HHO.

So do you want to reset the CPU? Sure if you want to reset your clock, but it won't actually learn of the added fuel since it is not connected to the CPU in measureable any way.