Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Camry 2.2L 4cyl (Best HHO intake placement?)

Do not use this port if it has strong vacuum at idle. In order to work it must have no vacuum at idle. The vacuum can not be manifold vacuum but a venturi type vacuum. Vacuum injection is not as simple as it sounds. I would not disconnect it but add a T in the line so it still sends vacuum to the IAT. The much simpler method would be to follow Bio's recommendation. Vacuum can get tricky and if not done right start sucking water from your bubbler or worse electrolyte out of the reservoir and will need to be controlled if it is to strong. This starts to get complicated. there are some cheap vacuum gauges like at Harbor Freight. Something you will need if you go this route.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Do not use this port if it has strong vacuum at idle. In order to work it must have no vacuum at idle. The vacuum can not be manifold vacuum but a venturi type vacuum. Vacuum injection is not as simple as it sounds. I would not disconnect it but add a T in the line so it still sends vacuum to the IAT. The much simpler method would be to follow Bio's recommendation. Vacuum can get tricky and if not done right start sucking water from your bubbler or worse electrolyte out of the reservoir and will need to be controlled if it is to strong. This starts to get complicated. there are some cheap vacuum gauges like at Harbor Freight. Something you will need if you go this route.
    Thanks myoldyourgold!

Ya, even though my camry's almost 12 years old, it has been good to me and I'd rather test on an older car than a newer one.

If I place the bubbler below the air intake like say 10", do you think I'd still have a problem with it sucking water/vapor into my manifold?

Also, what percentage of boric acid do you suggest in the bubbler?
    2000 Toyota Camry CE 4cyl 2.2L (CA emissions)
    168K miles

If this port has no vacuum at idle it is the port I have used for water injection and have seen when the needle valve is set wrong that at cursing speed when vacuum is high it just sucked most of the water out of a gallon container that was a good 2 or more feet away and at least 12 to 15 inches below. So you need to be careful. The spot Bio recommended has no, or very little vacuum, if any and has none of these problems. Remember when injecting after the air cleaner you must have really clean gas because there is no air cleaner to catch any remaining electrolyte.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

NOT IAT Sensor

If this port has no vacuum at idle it is the port I have used for water injection and have seen when the needle valve is set wrong that at cursing speed when vacuum is high it just sucked most of the water out of a gallon container that was a good 2 or more feet away and at least 12 to 15 inches below. So you need to be careful. The spot Bio recommended has no, or very little vacuum, if any and has none of these problems. Remember when injecting after the air cleaner you must have really clean gas because there is no air cleaner to catch any remaining electrolyte.
    Well, after doing more research on the IAT sensor, it appears that's not what this is.
    It appears to be mounted (first photo) on top of what looks like the charcoal canister.(second photo)
    #1 hose goes to manifold(previous photo with my hand on it), #2 hose runs down and attaches to a metal hose going underneath towards the back of car.(fuel tank?)
    #3 is the electrical connection.

Still not sure why the engine runs smoother with #1 hose disconnected, but I won't disconnect it again, unless this sensor is faulty.
    Is this just a lost cause teeing into this line?

If I bore out the larger hose and use a bubbler with boric acid, should I still use a filter/vaporizer?
    Are there any instructions on making a vaporizer/filter on this forum?

Sorry for all the questions; I just want to get this sorted out before cutting and boring things out.
    168K miles

What do you mean buy filter/vaporizer? Bio's suggested location is still the best. You can always plug it up if you want to use a different location.

What do you mean buy filter/vaporizer? Bio's suggested location is still the best. You can always plug it up if you want to use a different location.
    I've read that a vaporizer/filter will remove the water and/or electrolyte before entering the manifold. (foam, etc...) Just in case...
    168K miles

I've read that a vaporizer/filter will remove the water and/or electrolyte before entering the manifold. (foam, etc...) Just in case...
    I would be interested in reading about that can you post a link? If your bubbler is working correctly you should not need an additional filter. Moisture is not bad as long as it does not have any volume of harmful electrolyte in it.

Vaporizer/Filter/Scrubber?

I would be interested in reading about that can you post a link? If your bubbler is working correctly you should not need an additional filter. Moisture is not bad as long as it does not have any volume of harmful electrolyte in it.
    I think lots of people are using these terms interchangeably and very sloppily....

Bubbler = Vaporizer = Scrubber = Flashback arrestor
    Check Valve = Semi-flash arrestor
    Cell = Reactor
    Reservoir = Electrolyte Tank that bubbles (LOL)

Here are some links:

http://www.amazon.com/Magnum-water4g.../dp/B004TXXV0A

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/produ...l_hho_projects

http://cgi.ebay.com/HHO-SCRUBBER-VAP...item19c69ccca4

(This guy's using fuel as a vaporizer instead of HHO.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMKtlY3GLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24AA..._order&list=UL

I wish we had a glossary of definitions so people don't try to rip us off.
    168K miles

Well I learn something everyday. Call it what ever you want you need to have a bubbler which does two jobs. Cleans the electrolyte out and is a secondary safety devise against a flash back making it to your reservoir and blowing electrolyte all over everything. When using oil you must uses a Flash pot connected to the bubbler to prevent oil form getting splattered all over everything. Here is the one I make. Simple and cheap to make and is adjustable for release pressure.

Well I learn something everyday. Call it what ever you want you need to have a bubbler which does two jobs. Cleans the electrolyte out and is a secondary safety devise against a flash back making it to your reservoir and blowing electrolyte all over everything. When using oil you must uses a Flash pot connected to the bubbler to prevent oil form getting splattered all over everything. Here is the one I make. Simple and cheap to make and is adjustable for release pressure.
    What is a "FlashPot"'s purpose?
    Oil from what?
    168K miles