Okay, I've cleared up the confusion with the company I'm dealing with. Here's the latest quote for 25 plates approx 4x6":

3mmx100x150mm price: USD 16.5/plate (plate)
1mmx100x150mm Price: USD 15 /plate (foil, and it's not in stock)

The size is flexible and could be changed easily enough. I was just thinking a slightly rectangular shape to minimize the distance to travel for the gas. Shipping is going to be a killer though. I'm thinking about $25/lb or more. Now here's the interesting part. It's coming from China. I'm not sure about the quality but then again, we're not talking about kids toys either. I'm sure their requirements for these type of things are similar to ours. She mentioned specifically that a guy in Australia who had MMO Ti, replaced them with these and is much happier.

I didn't think about the recycling bit. I wouldn't have ever just thrown it away but coming close to full redemption price is a selling point with the wife. In fact, with the way inflation is going, it might be a real investment, kinda like gold.

I'm thinking we could get a bit of a discount if we wanted to pool our resources. I'd be happy to play the middle man and since I'm in Hawaii, it makes sense.