Thread: Project Update!

Project Update!

I just wanted to chime in and let y'all know what I've been working on. I'm a high school student who is very interested in this technology, and my school offers an independent research class. I will be using my fuel cell (will upload pictures later) and an EFIE and test two variables; Mileage and Exhaust output. I have access to a gas analyzer for exhaust, and will be using GPS to track MPG's. I have the cell and bubbler built (tested and good to go!), and have an EFIE kit on its way. I'm very exited to be working on this, and can't wait to post results!

I hope to take this project to ISEF and do some solid research!

Sounds good! Along with pictures, post all the information you can;
    Reactor style, plate size, configuration, electrolyte, etc..
    Did you finally build a drycell reactor, or are you still using the wetcell approach?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Sounds good! Along with pictures, post all the information you can;
    Reactor style, plate size, configuration, electrolyte, etc..
    Did you finally build a drycell reactor, or are you still using the wetcell approach?
    It is a... sigh... wet cell. Cost and the fact that I already had protocol down meant it was to late to go back and still get the project done by deadline. That being said, I am using a 8 plate configuration in a (+nnnnnn-) pattern. I will be using 1M NaOH and in order to find out how much I need, I will be using a multimeter and slowly add NaOH to distilled water in the cell untill I reach roughly 10 amps. Unless of course, there is a better way to do this?

I can't upload images from my iPad (which can also explain typos) but I collected some data about electrolytes the other day. Here's what I found.
    The ectrolyte in question is solid NaOH. My cells water capacity is 1.5 liters. Note a bubble is what Came out of my fuel hose leading out of the cell into a water tank. Each bubble that came to the surface was counted.

@10g NaOH 28bubbles per minute (I'm doing volume tests next week) 21 degrees Celsius after 1 minute

@20g NaOH 37 bubbles per minute temp stable at 21.5

@30g NaOH 91 bubbles per minute temp rosE to 28 degrees.

@40g NaOH 110 bubbles per minute temp at 32 degrees.

@50g NaOH 120 bubbles per minute temp at 32 degrees.

Could someone link me to some threads that discuss the best EFIE to use? I've been looking at http://stores.homestead.com/hydrogen...FIE/Detail.bok, could someone weigh in on this?

I'll be testing volume output next week and doing mileage tests without the system. I need to do with and without in order to compete at ISEF.

And here are the pictures.

Omu-
    Drill 3 more holes down each side of all those plates, get yourself 6 more nylon bolts & nuts, and a handful of those nylon washers and get those plates lined up more consistently so your won't have hot spots and your production will go up. Right now it's not looking too good (sorry), but it's an easy fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This cell is a steam generator not HHO, current is going between edges of plates. Don't waste time on this type of cells, make dry cell ....+nnnnn-nnnnn+, plates 15x15 cm, two holes..upper 6mm, down 4mm - on opposite sides on each plate, distance 3mm.