Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some expert advice with a Jeep 4.0

OK
    The plates have been blasted and passivated.
    Still have the 6N5N6N configuration but this is not the final config.
    Removed the PWM from the circuit.
    Added flake KOH until I was indicating 15 amps @ 13 volts. (like a pound )

After a short run the voltage at the reactor dropped to 12.25.
    At the moment the gas output is more than I've noticed before.

Only way to measure success is drive it for a tankful I guess...

More to follow

Well I did something!

MPG went down. Believe it or not, this is GOOD!

Thanks to all.
    What would Jimmy Carter do?

Seems that the generator really sends a lot of moisture into the intake.

So much so that the throttle plate is eroding away.
    I spent an hour cleaning off the accumulated CAa-Caa in the throttle body and was not impressed. So now comes the hunderd doller question:

Will two bubblers be better than one? Or am I introducing the HHO at the wrong place between the TB and air filter?

Seems that the generator really sends a lot of moisture into the intake.

So much so that the throttle plate is eroding away.
    I spent an hour cleaning off the accumulated CAa-Caa in the throttle body and was not impressed. So now comes the hunderd doller question:

Will two bubblers be better than one? Or am I introducing the HHO at the wrong place between the TB and air filter?
    I would first add a small amount of boric acid to the bubbler. Obviously your bubbler is not doing the job it is supposed to. It might need to be longer mine are 15 inches. You need a diffuser in the bubbler to make small bubbles because the cleaning takes place on the outside of the bubbles not the inside. What ever is in the inside of the bubble makes it into the engine. Two bubblers is always better than one. The longer time the bubbles can travel through water with boric acid the cleaner/more naturalized it will be. What temperature is the reactor running at? With 3 stacks there is always a greater flow and balance problem which makes hot spots. You might want to brake it down to 3 reactors run in parallel. This will bring the temp down and you will have less moisture in the gas and less chance of hot spots. Just some ideas. I have found multi stacked reactors are not as efficient as single stack ones or at least not more than 2 stacks in bipolar setups.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

MGXJ,
    -Taller bubbler, smaller bubbles, route gas into airbox to take advantage of air filter or else buy/fabricate a desiccant dryer or flow-through absorbent cotton fabric or cotton ball filter from PVC parts and pieces.
    Smaller bubbles in a taller bubbler(s) with boric acid as Carter suggested will go a long way to clean residual KOH out of the wet gas.
    -Here is a homemade dryer of mine...

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment....7&d=1314063783
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gottcha.

The bubbler is about a foot long out of 1.5" PVC with a plastic tube on the outside to monitor liquid level. I have been returning the electrolyte back to the cell when the level is beyond 75% of the bubbler height. I found that if the reservoir is filled to a certain level, more electrolyte will pass to the engine. So that means checking the level more than once a tank of fuel (300 miles)

Temps range around 150-170 degrees in the summer. I added cooling fans around the reservoir and main relay to keep the temp stable.

Will be adding a fish tank "air filter/bubbler" to the inlet line and extend the length another 6-8 inches or whatever can be spared in the engine bay. And some boric acid.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
    What would Jimmy Carter do?

Be careful, do not return the liquid bubbler in the electrolyte reservoir. The liquid from the bubbler is made to clean the HHO gas. If you have added caustic soda, you will contaminate your electrolyte (reservoir and possibly even your cell).

MGXJ,
    Did you mean that your reactor is running at 150-170F, or your electronics?
    If reactor then something is bad wrong... That's way WAY too hot. Time to start checking things over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]