Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hose lengths..

hose lengths..

is there any particular reason for not putting the reactor rig in the boot? (er ...sorry i mean trunk)

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    is there any particular reason for not putting the reactor rig in the boot? (er ...sorry i mean trunk)
    Usually just worries about gas leakage, but if you're sealed up tight ( and I do mean TIGHT) then it's typically OK... Hopefully you'll open the trunk- er, I mean boot every two or three days to check water level, and this will dispel any gas that may have built up if you have an extremely well sealed ah, space- but use the key, not the electric unlock (if you have one) just to be safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks for that... i'll be fitting the unit in my van so on a wall in the back where i can see it all for a while will probably be my best bet. hydrogen is a really teeny-weeny atom, so is there any particular pipe material that should be avoided so as negate any osmosis?

thanks for that... i'll be fitting the unit in my van so on a wall in the back where i can see it all for a while will probably be my best bet. hydrogen is a really teeny-weeny atom, so is there any particular pipe material that should be avoided so as negate any osmosis?
    You mean hose, right? Just about any plastic hose is OK, just make good seals at the connections.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'k thanks for your help.

i'll be fitting the unit in my van so on a wall in the back where i can see it all for a while will probably be my best bet.
    I don't believe Gus didn't touch on this, so I will.
    Placing it within an open area of a van could be dangerous>> a leak would be bad enough, but in the event of a flashback, look out! EARSPLITTINLOUDENBOOMER!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    I don't believe Gus didn't touch on this, so I will.
    Placing it within an open area of a van could be dangerous>> a leak would be bad enough, but in the event of a flashback, look out! EARSPLITTINLOUDENBOOMER!
    LOL! Lee, you're right.. I should have said something and I didn't. I had a van for a long time and there is just nowhere to put something under the hood. So when he mentioned "van", I kind of bit my tongue and crossed my fingers. Wrong way to handle that, I know- apologies to all. -Gus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok point taken.... i'll find space somehow...thanks all

sorry forgot pic

sorry forgot to add. here's a pic of my first reactor nearly ready to rock 'n' roll.
    hav'nt tested it yet, but i want to make some mods first.

then i can build a different one! using what you guys have told me and what i'll learn from this one.
    http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1025945/

sorry forgot to add. here's a pic of my first reactor nearly ready to rock 'n' roll.
    hav'nt tested it yet, but i want to make some mods first.

then i can build a different one! using what you guys have told me and what i'll learn from this one.
    http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1025945/
    Kimbo,
    Nice craftsmanship- a good looking build for sure. I see that you combined some ideas there... And since you did, you're going to have to compensate for them- sorry. The row of gas vent holes along the top (wider than tall- you're paying attention ) works well for a unipolar or a bipolar reactor, but since you built bipolar it is going to leak current like a big dog through all those holes... SO, take it apart, order some weldon-16, get your plates media blasted, and paint 3 coats of weldon-16 across and inside that line of holes and down to 1/2" below them, also do inside and 1/2" around all the equalizer holes at the bottom. Give each coat 24 hrs. to dry. I know that's not what you want to hear right now, but if you don't your pretty baby is gonna suck amps and not make much gas. Don't stop now, you're so close, don't say "the hell with it" and use it as is... Just finish it up- the right way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]