Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: round one..

round one..

anyone built a round one? i mean a circular plate and gasket dry cell... no corners and easy draining. if so, is there a good place /sweet spot to hitch up the current supply? ie top near the gas outlet or bottom near the water inlet.

In my opinion the round design is not one of the most efficient designs. There is a member that has good experience with round reactors and maybe he will shed some light on this. One reason is the distance the gas has to travel to get out unless you have a slot that goes along the whole top half edge of the reactor. You really want to keep the distance the gas travels to a minimum to keep the bubbles as small as possible. That does not mean that the reactors that the bubbles are traveling further are not efficient but IMHO not as efficient as ones that have a shorter distance to travel when active area is the same.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Carter is correct about round plate designs and bubble travel. But to add more info to anyone wanting to build using round plates I advise not to because there is only one surface to the gasket it is very hard to find where to locate the inlet hole sweet spot. This is due to the current running completely around the outside of the inside portion of the gasket and the plate.

It took me about 6 months of testing to find were to locate the inlets with my design and the testing would have to begin all over again depending on were power connections are located.

Darrell

ok that's really what i'm getting at.... on any given plate shape , is there a good place to connect? top bottom sides.... what?

Depends on shape of the plate and what your plans are as far as gas output requirements. The norm is a square plate design using 2 power connections, one in each corner of the plate. That is 4 conections in total, 2 positive and 2 negetive.

Hope that helps. "D"

As long as we are talking different shapes, what about a triangle/pyramid shape? I've been thinking about that one for a while. You could still stagger the bottom holes.

ok so here the question would be are you better connected at the top of the triangle or the bottom? is there a relationship between contact position position of gas output from the plates?

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    As long as we are talking different shapes, what about a triangle/pyramid shape? I've been thinking about that one for a while. You could still stagger the bottom holes.
    LOL! Thank goodness I'm not alone.. Ever since Larry did the Magnetic Beastie, and demonstrated the benefits of "wider than tall" I have not been able to get the ratio 3:2 out of my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I see no advantage in the diamond shape. Rectangle is in my book the best with slots on top for the exit ports. Shortest distance to get out is the best. A square would be next as long as there is slots along the top so the gas does not have to hunt for a way out same as in the rectangle.

The diamond even though bubbles might find their way out easier compared to a single hole in a square plate most of the bubbles hit the gasket on the top and get deflected slightly towards the exit port but the ones on the ends bump into the new ones coming up. By getting deflected they tend to join up when they bump into each other and form bigger bubbles and the whole process gets congested and inefficient. You can test all of this with air and a clear end plate to see exactly what is happening. There is no question in my mind after doing that test that the rectangle with narrow slots at the top are the best and square a very good second also with slots along the top.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Damn Carter, you rock!