Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: round one..

ok so here the question would be are you better connected at the top of the triangle or the bottom? is there a relationship between contact position position of gas output from the plates?
    Here is what works for me. On the input port it should be as far away from the electrical connection as possible. For duel connections Opposite side to where the connection is and single connection catercorner. Out put port(s) slotted along the top with some brakes for strength is the best choice. I hope that makes since. Here it is again. If there is one electrical connection and it is on the left top corner then the input port should be on the right lower corner of that plate. Duel electrically connected plates one on the top left corner and the other on the bottom right corner then the input port should be on the bottom left corner. This is using the least active real estate available. The difference is small but it all adds up.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I am going to a rectangular reactor on my next build. I might even change the inside edge of the gasket to create more distance the current has to travel to further isolate the inlet holes. I was testing this with the round plates because there were no angles with round gaskets. I saw some big improvement in MMW's.

Carter your thoughts?

"D"

I might even change the inside edge of the gasket to create more distance the current has to travel to further isolate the inlet holes.
    Darrell, can you explain that a little more. You know I am sometimes slow to catch on (LOL) but when I do beware.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Carter the inside bottom portion of my gaskets is what i was talking about. I cut a small flat edge on the bottom portion of the gasket as they are in square reactors. The offset inlets holes did show improvements and got even better after the flat edge was cut. Does that make since?

D

Ok I get it and need to think about that and look at a few things before putting my foot in my mouth. LOL Off hand it sounds like it is either a flow change or ??? but the bottom line is it did help. I am with you about the round shape not being the best. It does look cool though!!

i know i'm new to this..... but could it be simply that the offset holes and the "squared off" gasket is simply creating edies in the electrolyte that otherwise would not be there? therefore "stirring" more bubbles off the plates. bit simplistic i know, but hey i'm allowed to look stupid......i'm a chippy!

while i think of it...WHY is a dry cell more efficient if it has all these current leakage problems? why not a wet cell with all the plate tops sticking out and individual electrolyte feeds?
    end+_end+_end+_end.... etc feed electrolyte to each individualy and the current leakage problem disapears..... no?

while i think of it...WHY is a dry cell more efficient if it has all these current leakage problems? why not a wet cell with all the plate tops sticking out and individual electrolyte feeds?
    end+_end+_end+_end.... etc feed electrolyte to each individualy and the current leakage problem disapears..... no?

It is mainly in definition. No cell is dry. If you have no holes in your plates or isolate the electrolyte from each cell/pair from every other cell/pair then it makes no difference if it is a container of electrolyte or only has electrolyte on the inside of the cells. Both to be totally separate end up the same just electrolyte on the inside of each cell.

This is where unipolar designs have a major advantage. Ease of building has to be considered. Using gaskets to hold the electrolyte in is sure easier than engineering some other method.

Off set holes with the right use of Weld-on limits the current leakage.