Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need mentor expertise for new location of my system

Need mentor expertise for new location of my system

Hi,

Currently, my setup is in the trunk I do not like. After some pictures of our mentors "news ideas", I was able to consider a setup that would be at the front of my car.

I need your expersite whether it is feasible
    Could you tell me the failures of the installation, how to add and suggestion.

IMPORTANT

1- The reactor will be installed under the battery

2- Is the tank # 1 can be installed before the manifold. Is he going to withstand the heat ?

3- Is the tank #2 can be installed in the front of the car ?
    (I should cut the grid to be sufficient space between the radiator and Bumper)

Where is the battery located? I would not put the first reservoir so close to the exhaust manifold except in the winter. I have had to move the reservoir in the winter to closer to the exhaust and back in the summer. For your car you can down size the first reservoir to the same size of the bubbler or smaller and possibly place it next to the bubbler in a horizontal position which should work for both winter and summer. I doubt you will need to be making more than 2 LPM, if that, unless you are planing to control both the timing and the amount of fuel being injected with something like an Aem FIC. You will not need so much electrolyte for this small amount and an efficient reactor where there is no heat problem. In the winter I only use the first reservoir because the other one turns to slush at -40º C and sometimes at warmer temperatures unless I have my grill cover on. Because air does come in from under the grill cover I just disconnect the secondary tank. Winter use is a challenge and you just can not get the same gains in extremely cold weather and have to put up with filling the reservoir more often where space is a problem. You will not be having any heat problems in winter. LOL
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Honda Vetec engines are very efficient to begin with and have very little unburnt fuel in their exhaust, so can be a challenge but do show some results. I have seen reports of good results using an Apexi Neo on them where you can play with fuel ratios and the valve timing but this requires a skilled tuner. OK the position of everything should work by moving the first reservoir next to the bubbler. I think it will be high enough above the reactor. You will need to test that to make sure.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Honda Vetec engines are very efficient to begin with and have very little unburnt fuel in their exhaust, so can be a challenge but do show some results. I have seen reports of good results using an Apexi Neo on them where you can play with fuel ratios and the valve timing but this requires a skilled tuner. OK the position of everything should work by moving the first reservoir next to the bubbler. I think it will be high enough above the reactor. You will need to test that to make sure.
    I think that Apexi Neo or a similar product will be my next purchase "Next summer :-)" .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post

Carter,

Today, I got an improvement of about 15% in city. I'm happy

Excellent good job. Keep it up. It makes me happy too. I should have the information you requested later today.

Hi guys

Here is my 2 homemade tanks

Tank #1 (ABS)

Tank #2 (PVC)

The two tanks installed in the car

I Love It! Those "designed for application" tanks look like something I would build-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Hi,

Currently, my setup is in the trunk I do not like. After some pictures of our mentors "news ideas", I was able to consider a setup that would be at the front of my car.

I need your expersite whether it is feasible
    Could you tell me the failures of the installation, how to add and suggestion.

IMPORTANT

1- The reactor will be installed under the battery

2- Is the tank # 1 can be installed before the manifold. Is he going to withstand the heat ?

3- Is the tank #2 can be installed in the front of the car ?
    (I should cut the grid to be sufficient space between the radiator and Bumper)
    I am surprise the space behind the bumper did not allow you to incorporate a 3" PVC with end caps. I guess I have to try it this week end, I have a civic waiting for me to install a system.