Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stopping Your Reactor at Idle

Carter,

Here's what I would do with my car, what do you think?

This is a solution to $ 10 - $ 15

Run the reactor only if the transmission is in "D" (with a relay). So, no reactor if the transmission is in "N", "P" or "R".

In addition, shut down the reactor if I press the brake for 5 seconds (using the bkake light, a capacitor and a relay)

Is what you will see a gain, a potential loss or any problems?

thank you

Here's what I would do with my car, what do you think?

This is a solution to $ 10 - $ 15

Run the reactor only if the transmission is in "D" (with a relay). So, no reactor if the transmission is in "N", "P" or "R".

In addition, shut down the reactor if I press the brake for 5 seconds (using the bkake light, a capacitor and a relay)

Is what you will see a gain, a potential loss or any problems?
    Possibly could see some gain but the problem is when you just want to slow down without putting your foot on the brake is when the gas ratio in the exhaust is way out of whack and starts the cpu to go rich over time. The brake switch is the same as my switch just on the throttle working in reverse. Simple. The reactor only works when the throttle peddle is depressed a little and off when you take your foot off. In some cases you might be able to rig up a brake switch to work on the throttle linkage somewhere. You need to stop producing HHO every time the throttle is closed. When slowing down from 80 mph to 65 I do not use my brake just take my foot of the throttle especially if there is a cop behind me and I do not want my brake lights to go on. LOL To test this just switch your main switch off manually when you take your foot of the throttle. A pain but can be done for testing. I did.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Thanks Pete, that confirms my research. Not a cheap solution but one all the same. Your adjustable one is excellent for testing with. On newer cars the throttle position sensor would be the best and easiest spot to get a signal from but none of the solutions I have found are cheaper than my $1.50 to $2.50 lever switch. My labor is cheap, with the mounting being not the easiest and getting it adjusted a challenge, it might work out to be the same except for my cheap labor. LOL
    Agreed.
    Before I went to the vacuum sensor, I used a lever switch on the gear selector (easy to reach in my car). Any time the car wasn't in drive (coasting, waiting at lights, etc) the reactor turned off.

Hi Carter,

Yesterday, I installed a level switch and a relay in my system. The level switch work well.

Today I did a test of consumption and I lost about 5% gain. Does it could be because my EFIE module remains ON during the reactor is OFF ?

I have a Wideband EFIE module from fuelsaver-mpg and there is a delay of one minute at each power-on, so I can not afford to stop it.

Thanks
    Remi

Yesterday, I installed a level switch and a relay in my system. The level switch work well.

Today I did a test of consumption and I lost about 5% gain. Does it could be because my EFIE module remains ON during the reactor is OFF ?

I have a Wideband EFIE module from fuelsaver-mpg and there is a delay of one minute at each power-on, so I can not afford to stop it.
    Good test Remi, I think you might need to back your EFIE back down when truning off the reactor but I would not do that yet. The setting might be over compensating now. I am not sure. I have always tuned them together. I will say this that it shows more results on setups that are not using an EFIE but I have gotten larger gains with stoping the reactor at idle and using an EFIE too. I do not think thoes older EFIE's had a delay circuit but leaving it on should not make the mileage go down. Your reactor lag time might be to long caused by exit ports that are not large enough or there is to much back pressure in the system some where. Reset the computer and try again. Make sure it comes on as soon as you just touch the throttle. That adjustment is very critical. You might also need to up the amount of HHO produced. Keep us posted.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .