Thread: Best location for monitoring voltage

Best location for monitoring voltage

Currently my voltmeter is across the battery.
    would it be best to measure voltage across the reactor instead?

Huh..
    I never thought about it, I just automatically put it across the reactor thinking (perhaps erroneously) that it was the thing that needed its voltage measured. Good question.. Anyone else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It all depends of what information you want. Do you want the voltage of the battery or do you want the voltage at the reactor. I am with you Bio and use the voltage across the reactor because that is what is relevant to the HHO system. A lot of cars have there own battery voltage meters measuring the battery voltage so no use adding another one.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

That's what I needed guys.

Again, many thanks for your time!

[QUOTE=myoldyourgold;46088]It all depends of what information you want. Do you want the voltage of the battery or do you want the voltage at the reactor. [QUOTE]

As the circuit is drawn (no PWM), there will only be a slight difference between battery voltage and reactor voltage, due to the ammeter (and maybe some loss in the wires).
    If a PWM is used, a voltmeter across the reactor displays the average voltage of the pulses, which will be much less than battery voltage.