Thread: HHO Scam?

HHO Scam?

Came across this today and am wondering if anyone has performed his "tests."???

What do you veterans think of this article?

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho_scam2.shtml

Am I really going to mess up my engine's valves and pistons by messing with the MAP sensor and over leaning it? Should I take temperatures of the exhaust just to play it safe?
    2000 Toyota Camry CE 4cyl 2.2L (CA emissions)
    168K miles

Am I really going to mess up my engine's valves and pistons by messing with the MAP sensor and over leaning it? Should I take temperatures of the exhaust just to play it safe?
    If you are going to try and run your engine much leaner than just the lean side of the ECU's maps then you should install an EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauge to make sure you do not over heat and damage or destroy your engine. In order to do this you would have to be an experienced turner which most are not. Using an EFIE and MAP or MAF controller is only going to have you run on the lean side of an acceptable range. This will do no harm to your engine and will give you some gain. If you think you are going to get a 50% improvement then do not waste your time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

HHO Scam?

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    If you are going to try and run your engine much leaner than just the lean side of the ECU's maps then you should install an EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauge to make sure you do not over heat and damage or destroy your engine. In order to do this you would have to be an experienced turner which most are not. Using an EFIE and MAP or MAF controller is only going to have you run on the lean side of an acceptable range. This will do no harm to your engine and will give you some gain. If you think you are going to get a 50% improvement then do not waste your time.
    I'm still gathering more parts before my actual install. I'm not expecting anywhere near 50%. (one can dream...lol)
    I'm using a MAP sensor enhancer like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-...item2a0eeaf296

Would a laser infra-red temp gun work to measure exhaust temperatures?
    If so, at what point in the exhaust would I measure it? (IE: before cat. conv., after cat conv., manifold, etc...)

Thanks for the info again!
    2000 Toyota Camry CE 4cyl 2.2L (CA emissions)
    168K miles