Thread: 2003 MINI Cooper non-S 1.6 liter

2003 MINI Cooper non-S 1.6 liter

Hello,

We have ordered this kit, http://www.hydrofuelgenerator.com/unit-2.php#anchor and will be installing it this week along with the Volo HHO blue box OBDII chip.

I have not been able to find any details about other MINI owners doing this and wanted to start this thread.

I've been active on other forums, not HHO, and see the same grade school BS here that they have there and would really like it if no one makes this thread a bash fest or fan boy thread.

I picked the kit I picked and I know there are those that think ones better than another. I'm not here to debate the kit or other kits. It is what it is.

I do welcome any Positive Feedback you have or tips you have that are helpful.

If you don't know the Non-S MINI is an NA motor 1.6 liters. This car is bone stock. We have another one with a built motor we may try the kit on next.

One question I have not been able to get a clear search result for is about octane. We run highest grade gas we can find in the belief that it helps and can't hurt. It would seem that running HHO will allow us to not only but less gas but buy lower grade too.

I welcome your feedback about that or another helpful tips you have.

If you don't like to post, I understand, I welcome your PM too.

Read this thread:

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7112

He bought the same kit. If this kit is good or bad is going to be if it works or not. Keep us informed. Unless someone has tested this kit on a mini like yours, any advise might not apply. Basic information has been posted many times before and I am sure you are aware of it all. I hope it works out for you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I had seen that thread which one of the reasons I posted what I did.

I had the good luck of finding a friend of a friend near by that the same kit I ordered installed on his Astro AWD Van. We met today and after seeing his intalled kit with Volo HHO chip and 3 months of 30% better MPG I'm looking forward to installing mine this week.

I'll be reviewing your last post on that thread again. Thanks

I had the good luck of finding a friend of a friend near by that the same kit I ordered installed on his Astro AWD Van. We met today and after seeing his intalled kit with Volo HHO chip and 3 months of 30% better MPG I'm looking forward to installing mine this week.
    What year was the Astro AWD Van? Great results can you keep in touch with him and see if he keeps that gain long term?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    What year was the Astro AWD Van? Great results can you keep in touch with him and see if he keeps that gain long term?
    Boy I'd love to hear how the Astro Van is doing. I have a 2001 Astro with an HHOKitsDirect 772 system in it. The HHO generator works great. The Astro's ECU won't budge with its settings. I had a Mileage Chip (similar to Volo), and and EFIE and had no luck in altering the ECU. I'm now going to try another Mileage Chip and run and reset the whole ECU etc.

But, there is hardly any information out on the net of Astro Van (or anything with a 4.3L V-6 engine) and this could be some great info here.