Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: please give me some idea!

oh well - I had another shut down out at the mall.
    All my family was in the car - engine did not start !!

Tow the car to the closest dealer (used Kia Road side assistance) - no service man attended at the shop (since it is Sunday) - sales manager saw my HHO system and made the certain impression that it will void the warranty - blah blah...

Terns out: it was immobilize r's problem. So Anti-Theaft was at work.
    (some kind sakes man gave me the remake : sometimes it happens event at the dealership.

So, I turn on the alarm by clicking twice - open the car - it worked !!
    Nothing to do with HHO - safely drove away...

I think it is just because I disconnected the battery while I was installing HHO kit - or becauseof Volo Fuel Chip? Not so sure.

Enough with my diary..here is the thing.

Do you guys experience the amp rising after making them drop by adding more water? I add more water / AMP was drop to 15-16, now is back to 20AMP (before / after battery and before the generator. Before amp meter which does not work: shows 10AMP - I've got no idea). I now need to go get some more distiled water and dilute it. - this time at 10AMP before/after the battery.

I read "less is more for HHO" so I should aim for that as my goal. Although, I envy for the 3LPM at 12AMP generator. so, it takes only 6AMP for what I want.

---

Well, I am grad that I now no need to take HHO kit from my car.
    I hate doing business with dealer especially for "warranty" issues against basic oil change, and being on the specific millage.

I am going to report continually - as much as possible - and hope to leave some idea for Kia Rondo owners who shares same passion as I am.

I read "less is more for HHO" so I should aim for that as my goal. Although, I envy for the 3LPM at 12AMP generator. so, it takes only 6AMP for what I want.
    No such thing as 3 LPM of HHO at 12 amps. Anyone who says that is either ignorant, a bold face liar or both. Nothing to envy there.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    No such thing as 3 LPM of HHO at 12 amps. Anyone who says that is either ignorant, a bold face liar or both. Nothing to envy there.
    ha ha, I feel better already.
    The generator that I have, tend to drew more amps after running for awhile.

So, 15AMP at the beginning - became 20AMP.

It now adjusted at 15AMP - but at one point it was down to 10AMP during first run.

Now: Volo fuel chip is causing problem.
    Engine Check Light comes on when I re-installed it on today.
    No idea why....

Jonamse,

I'm running the same exact generator you are on an 06 altima and at 18-20 amps i'm generating approximately 1.5 liters a minute. I have installed a few of these kits and the Volo chips do need to be reset every time you disconnect the battery or they will not function properly. You can email Bob and get the proper reset procedure and then if that doesn't work he'll replace it with an EFIE, always has offered that to me but i've only had a problem with one of the chips i have installed. Most problems i've had with the chips or units can be remedied with an email to the support line.

Other things i've installed and experimented with have come from the experienced members on this forum. I rebuilt the bubbler and added one; both with small fuel filters at the end of the inlet tubes. I also have an inline paper filter and now i can no longer see the gas going into the engine, when i installed this i almost though there was a problem until my meter showed me that i was still getting 1.5 liters a minute.

I hope this helps, the unit works well and even at 45 amps the unit doesn't get warm. I've tried to get the 2.5 to 3 liters a minute from my unit but you have to run 35 amps to get to 3 liters a minute. At least in my testing with my home-made gas meter (ZeroFossilFuels Copy).

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    Jonamse,

I'm running the same exact generator you are on an 06 altima and at 18-20 amps i'm generating approximately 1.5 liters a minute. .
    Thanks Havens 78! So you must be the owner of 41.5%gain 2006 Nissan Altima. I am so glad to have you ! I feel more confidence, since you have same system as I do and size of engine about the same as mine( well Japanese against Korean engineering : efficiency might not be as good as yours...). - oh do you have photo of your bubbler ? may I see it ?

So 18-20AMP for 1.5 LPM eh? Mine now running 13-14AMP. Production has been slows down a bit indeed. I must add more NaOH bit by bit and find a sweet spot.

BTW. I re-installed Volo Chip and this time no ECL came on. Run for awhile - reset it again - working much better than before. I hate to admit, but it was my fault entirely !!

So, I now feel that I am at the starting point - looking at the bright future with HHO!

Thanks guys so much !

P.S, Next stop - PowerStart Performance Spark Plug ! and K&N.

I'll get a photo of my bubbler as soon as I can for you, though its only 2" white pvc with a 3/8" clear sight-tube on the side to check the water level. Its nothing fancy, but at the time i was simply looking for something that worked.

Can't wait to see the photo.

After reading of 18-20AMP = 1.5LPM for TT 771 - I added 3.5 teaspoon of NaOH hoping to see some jump from 13AMP to somewhat around 20AMP. I could see some NaOH still being undissolved at the bottom of the reservoir - I will stir it with hose sometimes tomorrow.

Now I remembered that on Sunday: my Rondo was moving without my foot on the gas pedal at about idling RPM which is about 630 r.p.m. : while I was looking for parking. Before HHO- it was about 1000. Today at WM, at 13AMP - it was about 750 rpm.

I still don't see any gain at this point. Is it because my car comes with MAF with Throttle body? or Airfilter too dirty?

Is it because of using 89 E5 instead of 87 E10 ?

I am hoping that Volo Chip is working correctly....

I was wondering just before going to bed - and needed to come back first thing in the morning - (got a go to work!)
    which - the engine breather. my car Rondo has breather just right after the intake filter box and am wondering HHO may do something harmful inside.

Should I use tube from the injection point and pass the breather - or just leave it as is ...need guidance !!

Quote Originally Posted by jonamse View Post
    I could see some NaOH still being undissolved at the bottom of the reservoir - I will stir it with hose sometimes tomorrow.

Should I use tube from the injection point and pass the breather - or just leave it as is ...need guidance !!
    Are you not mixing the NaOH with Distilled water and letting it cool down before putting it into the reservoir? You want that stuff dissolved before placing it in the unit. And can you post a picture of where you have your gas injection? You need that as close to the throttle body as possible, do you still have the directions that came with your kit?

Here are the pics of the bubblers i quickly made, i was just trying to get something to work and test a theory at the time. Both inlet tubes have small copper fuel filters at the bottom of them to filter the gas and each bubbler mixture is a 80/20 mix of water/vinegar. When I have some time I need to rebuild them and mount a flash arrestor, at the moment the caps themselves are serving that purpose not being sealed with pvc glue.

Thanks for the photos.

Nice installation ! - I used ziptie all over - kind of messy..
    I have a photo on Kia Rondo Forum which is
    http://www.kia-forums.com/attachment...t-pict0610.jpg

and

http://www.kia-forums.com/attachment...t-pict0608.jpg

I now aware that the fun is kicking hot air into the engine room- just because I am blocking the air passage (some gap still left between radiator and reservoir) So, near future - with more hose and connection - I must move it to the left like yours and bubbler to the right - and maybe extra one too.

I bought 7/16 plastic tube and will going to extend the injection point.

I asked question to Volo regards to the chip - I was told to get max HHO input and calibrate it. - I thought the chip will do it automatically - but seems like it is not.

For the AMP / HHO - according to Bob, I should be running the system 25-35. Since my Rondo's alternator can handle up to 110A - I should be confident to run it above 20A

Yes i would definitely move your injection point, you want it as close to the engine side of your intake system as you can get. If you have your HHO traveling through your intake from the airbox it has to travel to far and you don't want this gas to build up in an air reservoir before entering the engine. I believe mine is about 2 inches away from my throttle body. You should see a great improvement in production once you move the injection point. (remember to seal up the previous hole)

I'm still a novice at this technology, but there is a lot of information on this forum site that is worth taking a look at if you want to increase efficiency. For a lot of my mounting I am using 'Simpson' framing ties that are used to frame wooden members in roof structures of homes. Great for 2" pvc and mounting reservoirs.