Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: please give me some idea!

Thanks for all the help

I am now running HHO generator at 25AMP - injection point closer to the throttle body - chip reset. Ready to go...

My goodness- it took nearly 3 weeks to settle - hope to see better MPG.

Keep with it, some vehicles take a while to dial in with HHO. It took me 3 months to dial it in with trial and error, but I know what works now.

Sadly I had to take my kit off from my car.
    MAP sensor being screwed up and car seems to be shutting down more frequently. I am not sure when wrong - may be the steam vapor caused the problem? or simply HHO was not compatible with my car after all....

Quote Originally Posted by jonamse View Post
    Sadly I had to take my kit off from my car.
    MAP sensor being screwed up and car seems to be shutting down more frequently. I am not sure when wrong - may be the steam vapor caused the problem? or simply HHO was not compatible with my car after all....
    Your problem may be your chips volo!
    You should maybe try an EFIE as it http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7062

Jonamse, I see you are selling your kit. Can you tell me how many plates this reactor has in it and how it is constructed. Pictures would be good. This also might solve your problem.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hi there

Forgive me if im intruding on your post , but i also have the same kit as you , only difference is that i use the Quad EFIE .

So have have read all replyes hoping to find a sollution for my problems as well , but so far thats not the case .

So if u allow , i will post my configuration and experiences so far and maby we both are able to get it to work as we hope.

I drive a Mazda 626 1.8 liter ( i live in Denmark so our engines are not so big ) from 1996 .

I got the 771 kit installed and i bought the complete kit to be sure not to miss anything .

As also metioned i have the Quad EFIE although i only have 1 O2 sensor , but to be safe i bought that .

So i have run the kit since late May and to this date i have no gain in millage what so ever , i run the same kilometers as without the kit .

I wrote Bob after a month to get some help and he replied get the amps up to 30 and it will work . At that point i only run it with 20 amps .

So i added more Sodium Hydroxide and got it to 30 amps , and that made no difference .

Then i consulted my car mechanic and we tested the engine via the exhaust smoke . With or with out the kit on there we no changes in the values , so i tryed to bypas the EFIE so that it would be pure power with no adjustment from the EFIE , and the O2 went a little up , but not even 1 % .

And on top i got big problems with my idle and my throttle plate . My idle is dropping about 200 rpm ( i guess its because of the greater power usage to reach 30 amps ) and my throttle plate keeps getting stuck when the engine have been turned of for a while , so i have to press hard on the throttle pedal to get it to move again .

I have hat the throttle housing taken of to see if there was some dirt that could make it stick and on the backside ( facing engine ) there was white stuff building up . I removed it with polish and the car run ok the next few days and then it started to build up again . then i move the inlet from right before the throttleplate to the air intake , but its the same . Also i can see that the two outlets form the resovoir is a bit untight and theres is also building up white stuff , so i guess the gas is holding some left overs from the Sodium Hydroxide and that is making some corrosion in the throttle housing .

So can any good answers ? , unfortuantely Bob doesent seem to respond on my support questions adressing this problem .

Sorry if iwe misspelled something or use wrong techical terms , but as mentioned im from Denmark and im not that great in writing english

I am at work - so don't have any photo with me.

The unit has 4 plates (if I remember correctly) and water go through the unit and produce gas. water goes up with the gas back to the water tank and gas goes into the bubbler.

This is not at all hybrid wet / dry - it is wet cell with feeding lines. That's all.

I have notice that the water in the bubbler got whiter (while I was undoing the installation) so there must be some NaOH left over. I did not see any build up on the throttle plate luckily for my case..

Bekker: I would recommend you to add one more bubbler as Haven78 did - Filter the gas and filter it twice. and keep the AMP at 18-20AMP or even lower like 12AMP - it should be fine for you, considering the size of the engine.

My case, problem began with immobilizer - then to the sensor.
    I too being suggested to bring AMP to 25-35A and trouble happens following day. I run the unit with 20AMP- ish - then to 27AMP then to 12AMP for a week - it was all good with low amperage - I raised amperage on Saturday to 25 + AMP - and problem on Sunday...ugh! So I should have run the unit with 12AMP or lower all along- with 2nd bubbler + no fuel chip like unit, but it is too late. My wife never going to let me put the unit back in the car...(now it is expected to leave and never see it again..)

In my case Volo did not work with my car's ECU and its sensor. For some other car it may do a good job on.
    along with it Along with it - I had fuel gauge - which to monitor the throttle opening and MPG (instant) - but that too drain too much power from the battery (manufacture recommend to unplug it if car is not running more than 6 days)

So, my case may caused by combination of things. but on the other hand like Haven78 has great gain of MPG.

I must say - it is not you, but it's me....

Hi Jonamse

The second bubbler makes sence so i might ad that , but as i was running on 20 amps and lower i didnt have the problem so i guess i trye that to see if it works , as it is i hardly have any space left for a secondary bubbler .

I finish a full tank on monday and will see my millage , and then lower the amps and follow that lead .

The wifes are always the stop to a lot of fun

I have been holding back because a lot of people are buying this reactor and some are saying that they are having some gains. No one I know though has. The problem is simple there are 3 versions of this reactor as I remember. Correct me if I am wrong. The small one has 2 plates the next 3 plates and the bigger one 4 plates. These plates are all unipolar plates and I am not sure how the 4 plate one is wired. Based on the other two I do not think the 4 plate one is wired in series. What you have is a wide gap unipolar setup that is running 12 to 14 volts through each pair. In my opinion very inefficient based on my limited knowledge but extensive testing. I just can not imagine any good gains with this system as a general rule. Cheap to make but you get what you pay for in this case. There will be some exceptions possibly that might have some gains. I think it might make a great coffee maker with some changes. LOL Sorry but that is how I see it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Bekker my problem was exactly the same as yours. You might be able to do it with one bubbler and an inline paper fuel filter just before the injection point. I am running an 80/20 mix of water/vinegar and a small copper filter at the end of my bubbler tube. See the videos on "hho connection" youtube site, that is where i got the idea to try to break up the gas inside the bubbler with the filter. The vinegar helps to keep the filter clean.

I have nearly 1500 miles on my new bubbler set up and no residue in the throttle body or sticky butterfly, where i use to have to clean the t-body every 250 miles. I'm running my cell at 18-20 amps, which gets me 1.5 liters a minute by my calculations and meter.

As i'm starting to see others having trouble with these kits its got me thinking of taking some tips from everyone here and just building my own. Though i like the idea of the sealed cell idea that Bob Volk came up with, maybe there is a way to combine the two theories. (the wife is not going to like this idea, lol)

time to read some forum posts on building dry cells, heh.