Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Off set inlets holes used in a unipolar design

Well, I'll gladly take my fair share of the blame/credit for that, because turn about is fair play as they say... You guys keep me up until the wee hours on MOST nights with my brain buzzing about new ideas & concepts, solutions to problems and ways to increase efficiency. Since I joined this forum, I think that you could count on the fingers of one hand all of the nights that I've had a solid six hours of sleep!
    Darrell, I meant to say something last night about it but I got sidetracked- That photo you attached of your reactor.. That is one more sweet looking build there. Is that Corian that you're using for end plates? I know folks say that circular plates don't make efficient use of SS sheet blah blah etc... But I just really like the "consumer appliance" look that you managed to incorporate into it- nice job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The round plates are also hard to make efficient trying to find where the inlets should be placed and they are a waste of SS, but they do look very cool. My next plates will be square or rectangle though.

The End plates are black HDPE. I get allot of my plastic for cheap from a plastic milling shop close to where I live. They let me look thru there recycle bins. I pay only 10 buck for a arm load of plastic each time.

Talk about being lucky, One time I went there and they just gave me 2-12x12- 1 1/4" acetal which was a huge score because that stuff is really expensive. Retail, that stuff goes for $125.00 per square foot according to US plastics.

"D"

Talk about being lucky, One time I went there and they just gave me 2-12x12- 1 1/4" acetal which was a huge score because that stuff is really expensive. Retail, that stuff goes for $125.00 per square foot according to US plastics.
    Delrin?! Yeah, I'd say you were lucky alright! Lucky enough for me to be jealous...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]