Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get 5 to 15MPG BETTER than you are now, INSTANTLY.

Question Get 5 to 15MPG BETTER than you are now, INSTANTLY.

From a Chrysler Corporation Engineer....

This is one trick you have NEVER EVER seen in the media or on TV before. I am going to tell you how to improve your fuel economy in your car RIGHT NOW, this will give you a good 5 to 15 more Miles Per Gallon (MPG), depending on your vehicle and how you are driving.

Its WHO is telling you this, is why its so GOOD.
    ===============================================
    Steven Harris was a development engineer at Chrysler Corporation for 10 years. I mean R&D vehicle development work, from pre-theme approval to production. Mr. Harris is also the founder of KnowledgePublications.com which is the largest Alternative/Renewable Energy ONLY publishing company in the United States, and its growing. Its safe to say that Mr Harris lives, eats and breaths energy and transportation. What I am about to tell you is something we did on every test to either reduce or increase the work of the engine, depending on the test. When we worked with the vehicles we had special gages, display boxes and computers that told us EVERY SINGLE thing vehicle was doing, OVER 250 different numbers. Vehicle speed, engine speed, engine load (vacuum), air temp, air pressure, mass flow rate of the air, exhaust gas temps, spark timing, fuel injector timing and length, fuel rail pressure, exhaust gas oxygen etc.. etc.. Of my ten years there, I spent MAN YEARS of that time IN
    and WITH the vehicles in testing. Man years staring at these numbers, parameters and calibrations.

What you have never ever heard before
    =====================================
    Idle in Neutral. Yes it is that easy to save a bunch of fuel. When you are driving down the road and you see a stop light ahead the first thing you do is start to coast to the light, as you start coasting shift the vehicle from DRIVE to Neutral (D to N) and use the brake to slow down as you approach the stop light / stop sign. While you are sitting at the light, LEAVE THE VEHICLE in Neutral ! When the light changes, shift to drive and accelerate. When coating down hill, shift to neutral. When waiting for a train, shift to neutral, when in line at the drive through, shift into neutral. Every chance you can, shift into neutral and let your momentum or gravity carry the vehicle forward.

Why does this work so Good? Prove it !!!
    ==========================================
    Prove it? Ok. Hop in your vehicle and start it, put your foot on the brake and shift the vehicle into drive. Most vehicles have an RPM gage on the dash..look at it. You'll see it idle between 700 and 800 RPMs. Now shift the engine into Neutral, you'll immediately see the RPM gage drop to between 500 to 700 RPMs. Its that easy. If you had a vacuum gage, also called a manifold absolute pressure (MAP) gage, you'd see that drop as well. The MAP *IS* the "LOAD" on the engine. EVERY THING the engine does is determined by TWO parameters, the "speed and the load". The speed is the RPM, the load is the "vacuum" or the "MAP." Why is the speed and the load lower when you are in idle than when you are in drive. On an automatic vehicle you have an automatic transmission between the engine and the axle & wheels. Between the transmission and the engine is this big donut shaped container called a TORQUE CONVERTER. This is full of transmission fluid and it is the fluid coupling tha
    t connects the spinning engine to the spinning transmission. ( or the trans that wants to be spinning) So when you are DRIVE, at a stop light, with the brake depressed, the engine is spinning on its side of the torque converter and it is 'sheering the fluid'. Basically its making the heavy fluid in the torque converter MOVE. The fluid moves around and around and around and tries to push and turn the transmission side of the torque converter. Think of yourself running in place in mud up to your knees. That's what this is doing. When the vehicle is in Neutral, the engine is not 'sheering' or moving the fluid in the transmission and this is a LOT LESS load on the engine when you are sitting still and not moving. Thinking of yourself standing in mud. So if you do a lot of city driving and or stopping and going this will save you a lot of gas, if you are on the highway all the time... this won't save you much. Remember when you are stuck in traffic on the highway to shift
    into neutral.

Taking this to the Extreme
    ==============================================
    I knew one guy SO OBSESSIVE about saving money and gas that he installed two push buttons on his gear shift. One turned the engine off ( stopped the vehicle) and the other one started the vehicle. So every time he had to stop he'd shift to neutral and turn the engine off, and then start it up when the light changed and continued to drive, all with one hand. He was one of the cheapest SOB's I ever met. If he swallowed a nickel he'd fart 5 pennies in change. He even did this when coasting down hill which is VERY stupid because you loose your power steering and you loose your brake boosting. yeah.. good one... coasting downhill without power steering and brake boosting, he probably won the Darwin award by now.

Saving Fuel ON THE HIGHWAY
    ==============================================
    There is one other thing about the transmission and saving fuel when driving on the highway. Its something that not many of you have heard of, but its called 'torque converter lockup' or what we just called LOCKUP. The torque converter...think of it as two fans in a bath of heavy oil, the engine spins one 'fan' which moves the heavy fluid that spins the other 'fan' that is connected to the transmission and that spins the rear axle ( or front axle) and thus spins the wheels. Modern vehicles when driving at a constant speed for quite a few seconds will 'lockup' the torque converter. What this does is it physically links the 'two fans' together so its a direct connection to each other and not just a connection through a heavy fluid. Think of yourself running and NOT in mud and your running shoes pushing directly against the pavement. Now, the second you tap the brake or you change speed the LOCKUP is 'disconnected'. (you're in the mud again) So when driving on the highway
    the best thing to do is to use the cruise control because this takes your foot out of the system and thus you should stay in lockup mode as much as possible. If you have a very good 'code' reader to read the OBD II codes via the connector under your steering wheel on 1996 and newer vehicles, you can find and read the code that indicates 'lockup' in the trans. If you are very very very good, you can feel it when it locks up.

What you've heard a million times, and it works
    ===============================================
    Air up your tires to the manufacture recommended pressure that is on the INSIDE OF YOUR DOOR. NOT what is on the tire. This is a long explanation, but do it to the pressure on the door. It has to do with vehicle handling and safety. Having your tires at their max pressure severely helps your fuel economy. The tires are NOT ROUND, they are deformed on the bottom as they spin because of the weight of the vehicle, this 'flat part' that you can see on any car tire is called the 'contact patch'. If you listen to some of the idiots on the net and put TOO MUCH pressure in your tires (70, 90 psi) then what you do is decrease the size of your contact patch and thus you have LESS stopping ability, less turning ability, and an over stressed tire. So if it does not get fatigued and blow up in your face when you are filling it up way too high (and take your head off) then the tire is prone to BLOW INSTANTLY when you hit a rock, curb, bump etc...and then you find yourself in a "sev
    ere handling situation." So do NOT over inflate your tires. Also, the easier a car 'breaths' and 'exhales' the more efficient the engine is, so putting a clean air filter in your vehicle will make it breath (take in air) easier and give you better fuel economy.

What you've heard that does not work but many have deluded themselves that it does.
    ================================================== =================================
    Every SINGLE 'underhood' hho ooh hoh hoo hoo electrolyzer, water gas anything, browns gas anything, gas tank pills, tornado air spinner or any other insert in the air intake, acetone, toluene, fuel heater etc.. NEVER EVER works. Do not waste your time.

Do you want to know more?
    ======================================
    If you want to know more about making ethanol alcohol fuel from stuff you can get for free ( including the federal permit is free) and you want to know about using this in your car, and every single car in the USA can use ethanol in some percentage with gasoline ( even halving your fuel bill with fuel you make is great ). If you are really good and you want to know how to make so much hydrogen that you can fill balloons with it and fly your car away, if you want to know about solar heat that is so cheap that you can get your money back on it in a week and if you want to know anything else about energy then come to KnowledgePublications.com We have the BEST REAL Science and Chemistry for you. Stuff you can do with YOUR HANDS that you CAN DO TODAY with stuff you HAVE IN YOUR CITY. Not special things that have to be ordered. My life is very dedicated to energy and I am very dedicated to you and to providing knowledge and information that you can use with stuff you can do,
    not pipe dreams. All of our products and books and DVDs are 100% satisfaction guaranteed and we have a lot of stuff that you do not even have to buy, just download.

Please forward this to those who you know who would like it. Saving fuel is this easy and can be done by everyone.

All my best and thank you,
    Steven Harris
    CEO KnowledgePublications.com

JonDoh Guest
    After reading all that....

Ain't water easier and freeier < I made that word up

justaguy Guest
    I see he is selling books and dvds on tips to save gas by doing things we already know.

Blinger101 Guest
    I don't know about the rest of the stuff he mentioned, but I can actually vouch about the shifting to neutral.

Especially on my '93 Sentra that's got well over 200,000Km on it (almost 300,000Km now), the engine is starting to show its age. Even thought I'm still getting 30mpg on it already, shifting it to neutral actually keeps the engine in check. It puts less strain on the engine because all it wants to do is GO. So, it makes perfect sense not to keep it in 'Drive' when stopped, because you're telling your car to go, but you're keeping it stopped.

mario brito Guest
    all that "the earth is not flat" talk to get to this (?) :

"What you've heard that does not work but many have deluded themselves that it does.
    ================================================== =================================
    Every SINGLE 'underhood' hho ooh hoh hoo hoo electrolyzer, water gas anything, browns gas anything, gas tank pills, tornado air spinner or any other insert in the air intake, acetone, toluene, fuel heater etc.. NEVER EVER works. Do not waste your time
    ."

there's one thing i really don't understand... you said 100 times that HHO doesn't work or in the best case, doesn't pay the effort... you know that we don't care about those statements... why do you keep coming here with the same storie eveytime ???????

don't you have a plan G ? plans A,B,C,D,E and F already failed

oh, by the way, i asked you a few questions here :

http://hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=700

could you please answer them ?

thanks

shovel52 Guest
    Yes the shifting to neutral is probably one of the few good things I have heard him say.

Tipjar Guest

This phish is a keeper

I read the post on a lark expecting a phishing expedition, and he did hawk his ware at the end, but there is some productive info in it.

What's with the flame against HHO?
    Every SINGLE 'underhood' hho ooh hoh hoo hoo electrolyzer, water gas anything,... NEVER EVER works. Do not waste your time.
    I think that hurts himself and his cause. Did I misunderstand a reference to other less credible technological fads here?

mario brito Guest
    "What's with the flame against HHO?"

because HHO works

Blinger101 Guest
    Ironically, it is HHO gas that literally flames him back. Maybe that's why he's always shooting it down? Maybe his first experiment failed hopelessly?

jimbo40 Guest
    Shifting to neutral is dangerous and not a good idea especially when moving, here's why
    1. On a heavy truck it's illegal to do, and I believe in most states on a passenger vehicle, you need to be in control of your power at all times.
    2. going up on your gear indicator, next one up is reverse, tell me what you think happens if you should push a little past neutral and hit reverse at 55 mph or even 35, and if your staring at the indicator looking for nuetral you may not see the guy stopped in front of you
    3. now your coasting along in nuetral and don't realize you foot is pushing ever so lightly on the gas pedal until you hear and feel a something. Whoops, gee I didn't know the engine could hit 6500 rpm's.

His whole torque converter shpeel is correct but big deal I knew all the simple stuff when I was 15.
    Common sense would tell you to put the car in park for a train wait, if you really even care that much, but throwing your car in neutral while move is dangerous and a stupid idea, it really is not a solution to anything since your throttle valve is closed anyway, you increase your brake ware and braking distance
    and in an emergency you will be in no gear, and your response time may come all to pieces with your vehicle.

Your coasting in nuetral and a deer jumps out in front of you, or someone blows a stop sign. QUICK whats the first thing you do.
    Yeah just as I thought. You either whip it back in gear when you should be avoiding a crash or you avoid the crash with your car in neutral and not under your control.
    1/2 second may be the determining factor of whether you live or die.

So why have you not seen it on TV or in the Media? Because it's illegal and a bad Idea!
    So quite giving bad advise, illegal activity should not be condoned in this forum, Man your stupid.