Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota pick up/4runner 80s 22R

wow that sounds cool, ok hopefully i sell my blazer real fast, http://i54.tinypic.com/2lxxmch.jpg It is cool, i just want a 4x4..

So far there is a 89 4runner I want to try to shoot for, and then there is a 87 turbo that i would also shoot for, and then there is a really sweet 84 carburated single cab pickup with a nice lift that is for sale he got some goodies on it too like headers etc. .

The vehicles I am looking at are lifted and im sure getting less than 20mpg, i figure with hho can bring em back up to decent mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by hypertek View Post
    do you guys think the carbureted engines will be easier to setup to hho than the fuel injection models? I see a sweet 84 carbureted model on craigslist right now, wondering if that will be a headache to set up? i already got plan ideas for my hho setup. In the ad, the guy claims he is getting about 18mpg, truck is lifted.. figured a HHO setup would do wonders for that truck.
    After IRENE work got intensed, back to your question. Carborated ICE are more a pain in the rear than newer ECU ran ICE. Temp will come into play and knowing how to adjust your timing, not at the stand setting but at the "all In" setting. I hope you know what "All in" timing setting is. If not, that's when the vacuum and mechanical made their adjustment and no matter how much the throttle is press, timing will not climb anymore.

But the stock timing will come to play and can be used to determined your "All In", it is in this range you will determined just how much you need to retard it. My 72 LT1, for it to run efficient the "All In" is 36 degreed BTC. The stock timing is 4 degrees BTC, that's a 26 degree all in timing, the car does not have much tq at that setting with HHO being induced. At 36 degree All In which is at 10 BTC the car has hp and tq in all rpm range and fast accell rate. But the temp is higher. This is with a small carb (650 CFM), when I get my shop back I am re-building the stock carb (750 cfm). Then get back on my test. My conclusion is with carborated ICE, they act like air cooled engine like a V-twin, they need the fuel to help cool engine, hence why I am going back to the bigger carb for the LT1.

wow I am really learning alot reading about this, I may end up going with a fuel injected model as carburated is hard to find.

Now I am looking at efie and map/maf sensor enhancers.. I can see myself playing with a sensor enhancer as my personal interest is in tuning cars (my other cars have been tuners), but i can only see that working well with a wideband o2 sensor/gauge as it can really screw things up if the setting is wrong.

What type of lpm goal I should aim for in my drycell design? I read that 1lpm is typical? Will that be suffiencent? and can somebody point towards a efie that is low costing? I am kind of looking at ebay at pwm.