Thread: Newb questions

Newb questions

Hi there

I toke a short cut and bought a complete kit ( 771 )from HHOkitsdirect and have been runnig it for 5 months and still not having any gain in milaege .

As i seem to get no help from their supportsite i found this great forum and have been traweling throug half the Q and A still not finding answers to my questions , so im sry if they have been asked before .

The last help i got from the support was to increase the amps to 30 just to expeince what i can read inhere is common , that i get corrosion in the throttle body making my idle go crazy . So im bringin the amps down under 20 now . I also picked up the trick of adding vinegar to the bubbler and i installed a fuel fliter between the bubbler and the inlet hoping this will keep any resedue out of the throttle body , any other good tricks on this issue ?

My enigine is a 1.8 liter and i understand that the thump rule is 0.5 lpm of HHO to 1 liter engine , so i will set out for 1 lpm .

So if i get to that prodution then i need to get the EFIE ( its a quad EFIE )setting at the right point and iwe got told that i should start out with about 350 mv turning that slowly down to the engine starts lugging then back it up about 15 mv to the engine starts to run smooth again , at this time its down to 100 mv feeling no change and i dont dare to set it lower . Any suggestions on the target mv and how to determine it ? .

Quote Originally Posted by Bekker View Post
    i get corrosion in the throttle body making my idle go crazy . So im bringin the amps down under 20 now . I also picked up the trick of adding vinegar to the bubbler and i installed a fuel fliter between the bubbler and the inlet hoping this will keep any resedue out of the throttle body , any other good tricks on this issue ?
    If you're getting white residue on the throttle body, there's a problem. This is caused by KOH particles being carried in the vapors and will quickly destroy your T.B. and any other aluminum it touches.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

I know , so i realy hope bringing the amps down to 15ish will stop it , as i started whit the kit it only ran about 15 amps and there i didnt have that problem .

Here's my old MAF sensor from a while back. My original bubbler wasn't quite doing the trick!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Nasty , did you solve it with another bubbler ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bekker View Post
    Nasty , did you solve it with another bubbler ?
    Yeah, I built a better bubbler and never had the problem again.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0