Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dry cell project

Ok found the answer to my own question.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBp9Q..._order&list=UL

Weldon 16 isnt a "glue" at all.

project update

after some time i continue my work on a dry cell project
    so far it is mounted on board for tests
    i ran it on 2,5 amps using 4% KOH solution. will probably have to increase it to 30%-40% so that i can run my PWM for 20A constant current
    for bubler i use water filter housing with hommemade mouse ball pressure relief valve.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsimis View Post
    One question that still bugging me, this Weld-on 16 talk.. I have read many threads here and Im clearly missing something fundamental about it! Why drill holes only to fill them with acrylic glue!?
    yes someone please explain this more clearly to me... im sure your not filling in the whole that just wouldnt make sence to me so what then?? mattsimus posted a link to youtube but it was removed.

Someone preaty please help with this

Quote Originally Posted by reggaerican View Post
    yes someone please explain this more clearly to me... im sure your not filling in the whole that just wouldnt make sence to me so what then?? mattsimus posted a link to youtube but it was removed.

you dont fill holes, just around them. weldon is used to isolate holes and area around them, so that the least current passes directly through electrolite
    see attached picture. plates are not mine and my drawing skills are not too good.

Quote Originally Posted by shamndi View Post
    you dont fill holes, just around them. weldon is used to isolate holes and area around them, so that the least current passes directly through electrolite
    see attached picture. plates are not mine and my drawing skills are not too good.
    and picture

Quote:
    Originally Posted by reggaerican View Post

Weldon-16 is used to cover the edges of the holes to eliminate the "edge effect".

Have a read of this article, about halfway down the page, for an explanation of the edge and tip effect in electrochemical cells.
    http://electrochem.cwru.edu/encycl/a...curr-distr.htm

Maybe this will help. "D"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eLsNvPtxX8

and picture
    thank you so much for this pic I am forever greatfull and now one step closer to my first build.
    likewise to you Darrell for the vid.
    and im not forgeting you DOG that is some good reading for a later day explaining in detail cause and effect.. this place is great and I think im beggining to love you guys...