Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New dry cell 8 plates without holes

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Well I guess we will just have agree to disagree. There is no such thing as dry HHO unless it has gone through some kind of dryer to take the moisture out.
    There is no need for dryer because there is no any moisture here.

As far as leakage of current..... well there too we differ. Even a well built "dry" reactor will have some current leakage. It has to if the electrolyte is conductive. It is as simple as that. Anything we do to eliminate it just minimizes it at best.
    What are we talking about? Current leakage with so small amps, cell without holes??

Strong electrolyte is a very good conductor. I will leave it at that.

Go ahead! Your engines enjoy in that conditions .

Quote Originally Posted by Zarko View Post

There is still moisture present in any reactor due to the bubbles that carry the gasses.

What are we talking about? Current leakage with so small amps, cell without holes??

Amount of amperage has nothing to do with current leakage. The cell has no holes, but it is a wet-cell, and current leakage occurs wherever electrolyte is common around plates (top & bottom).

Go ahead! Your engines enjoy in that conditions .
    Danek has built a fairly decent wet-cell reactor, but your ignorant posts trying to support his work are merely ruining his credibility. You obviously don't comprehend even simple electrolysis. Remember, you're the one that thought that more anodes would create more hydrogen.

Zarko, you should really try to learn something about this technology before posting. Too bad keyboards can't sense low mentality rates & block ignorant nonsense.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Danek has built a fairly decent wet-cell reactor, but your ignorant posts trying to support his work are merely ruining his credibility. You obviously don't comprehend even simple electrolysis. Remember, you're the one that thought that more anodes would create more hydrogen.

Zarko, you should really try to learn something about this technology before posting. Too bad keyboards can't sense low mentality rates & block ignorant nonsense.
    Don't worry my frend about my cells, electrolysis and knowing this technology. My the worst cell works much better (huge difference in electrolyte concentration (max 1% NaOH), and amp needed for 1 lit/min HHO) than your the best cell, be sure in that. 30A and 28% KOH in your car engine's setup shows enough about mentality rates.

Zarko, It is no use arguing about something that has been proven over and over again. If you use a mass spectrometer to examine what type of gas you are producing you will find many things. Moisture will be one one of them. (see chart below) This does not take a rocket scientist. I am not running down Danek's hard work. I am though disagreeing with the interpretation of the results. Danek has a lot of things right and buy trying to understand what others have done and compare he can improve his designs even more. There are some principles that do not change regardless of design and one is the moisture content of the gas. It is what happens naturally. Like I said before run plain air through water and it collects moisture. Simple fact no amps there at all and no heat! Let us not waste our time on this. Your posts are not contributing a thing by being so negative. Danek on the other hand is contributing even though we disagree he is doing the right thing not like you. There is no one person who has all the answers and there is still lots for all to learn. If you disagree with one of my statements like current leakage show me the tests that prove there is none. Electrolyte is a conductor and if it has less resistance than the stainless then current will follow the path of least resistance. In Danek's case he has reduced the amount of leakage by doing what he has done like most of us who use Weldon-16 but this does not eliminate it completely but reduces it to a level that one can live with. Now if he media blasts his plates he would improve his results even more.

Danko, you have done some interesting work and I suggest you keep up the good work. There is a lot of information here so read it and add some of the things that have proven to be very helpful. One thing more in the summer I am using a very weak electrolyte of only 1.o1 specific gravity and am getting very good results. 1 is plain water. This is so weak you can almost drink it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Zarko, To make my point a little clearer you are right when using HHO in a ICE you do not have to have a moisture filter if the bubbler is doing its job properly by scrubbing out the unwanted electrolyte. The dryer is used when measuring the amount of gas accurately that is created. Gas with moisture which takes up much more space than dry gas, making it look like you are producing more gas than you actually are. When you take the moisture out your results will be significantly less. Some claim that dry gas makes more power but the facts suggest that it is because of more gas per liter with the moisture removed and nothing else but that too is debatable.

Moisture if cleaned of electrolyte is a good thing and can assist in the process. It does a number of things like slow down the burn rate of the HHO, cool etc. Just make sure it has no or very little electrolyte in it. This is why bubbler construction is important especially when running maximum concentrations in the winter in the frozen north. I use boric acid in the summer in my water bubblers this helps neutralize the alkaline of the NaOH or KOH so what does escape does no harm. In winter I am using an oil based bubbler with boric acid which is still being tested but does not freeze.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .