Thread: How to measure lpm?

How to measure lpm?

I have seen youtube videos of folks that have basically submerged two liter bottles and filled them with HHO gas to measure lpm. Is that a fair test? Is there a better way to test lpm?

I've seen this done a few times also. It seems like a fair test with one exception, but I'll explain that later. There is another way i've seen to test lpm and thats with some kind of lpm airflow meter. I've heard those aren't the best because HHO and air don't have the same density, meaning that the reading on the meter will be different when pushing air through and when pushing HHO through. Those have been designed to gauge the flow of air so trying to gauge the flow of HHO might not have accurate results.
    So that's just what I've heard about the commercially designed meters.
    For the liter bottle test, the exception I'm talking about is when steam starts to fill up the bottle. Take a look at this video to show you what that looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxZzeT2mmB0
    Looking into the bottle, you can see that it's filled with steam. Of course, since there is an explosion and the bottle launches into the air, there is HHO present in the bottle.
    So if you want an accurate test to see how much HHO is being produced per minute, try to keep as much steam from filling up the bottle.

Looking into the bottle, you can see that it's filled with steam. Of course, since there is an explosion and the bottle launches into the air, there is HHO present in the bottle.
    So if you want an accurate test to see how much HHO is being produced per minute, try to keep as much steam from filling up the bottle.
    This might not be steam. Even though there is no visible moisture there is still moisture unless you have filtered it out. A good example of this is your breath. If you have been in a cold climate and you breathe out it looks like steam or smoke. Your breath is the same but other conditions changed so now you can see the moisture in it. Breathe on a mirror or let your HHO hit a mirror and you will see moisture that you can not see normally with your eyes. It is like blowing air through water the air coming out of the water will have more moisture than the air going in. This is why none of the tests are 100% accurate unless you can remove all the moisture first. It can only be used as a broad gauge to help make improvements. It is crude at best Comparing one reactor to another can be very misleading because one might have a lot more moisture in the gas than the other. In fact this is the case more times than not. A very inefficient reactor that has a lot of moisture in the gas would make you think that it is better than a very efficient reactor that has very little moisture in it using the same volume test on both. I hope this clears this all up.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

So, HHO in a bottle is the standard quo test?

So, some mechanism showing HHO filling a basic two liter bottle is this forums' standard quo test for lpm?

Provided we also show reasonable evidence that the gas is not water vapor I'm not exactly sure how to do that?

No, that is not what is recommended. It is better than nothing but I would suggest you build a good eudiometer.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .