Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeep Liberty Driving me Nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Gah....I'm sorry.
    Its 9 plates
    -nnn+nnn-

That would put 3v across each junction right?
    The surface area is a 4" diameter due to the o-ring size.
    Like Carter said, it's 3.45vdc per cell. Vehicles run a 12 volt system but are actually 13.8 volts in most cases.
    3 neutrals will create steam, not HHO. The only chance to get this to work properly is to reconfigure it like Carter said, but with such a small surface area (12.5 sq.in.), it's not going to produce much (maybe 0.3 LPM) at the maximum amp. draw of 6.25.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Please see if this link works for you.
    This is the unit that is in my Jeep.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160654965385...84.m1497.l2649

Still trying to locate the right EFIE for that Jeep.
    Do these "volochip" things work at all?

Jesus! 45A is waaaaaaaay to ****ing much! How has so much research been done, posted on the web then overlooked so many times? You are overdriving the **** out of your plates. Try 10-15 amps and ~2V per cell AND reset your ECU after installation and if you turn the unit off while running the engine for long periods. ECU will relearn timing and fuel trims based on static values and running conditions. Don't add an EFIE until u try this first - its freeeee! If u see gains then lose them, you will know that an EFIE is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Please see if this link works for you.
    This is the unit that is in my Jeep.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160654965385...84.m1497.l2649

Still trying to locate the right EFIE for that Jeep.
    Do these "volochip" things work at all?
    Squirrel,
    That reactor's way too small to do anything for your Jeep. At best, it'll put out 1/2LPM without overdriving. With only 3 neutrals per stack, it's making mostly steam (not caused by heat).
    For your 3.7L, you need to introduce 1.85LPM at around 20 amps..
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Got it, Here is what I'm understanding:
    Reactor plate configuration is wrong, dividing the 13.8 volts by the spaces between the plates should be aroung 2.3v noot 3.5.
    Current is too high.
    Surface area is too low.
    Lack a bubbler.
    Need an EFIE, if this doesnt give result.
    Reactors sold under the premise of proper design arent necessarily beholden to truth in advertising.

really I had noped to see SOMETHING in mileage even though I wasnt exploring such details and THEN I would go for gold by trying to perfect it. Really I thought I might learn this in 2 stages.
    1) prove to myself with my own eyes that there is a net gain in fuel economy.
    2) fine tune the heck out of it to maximize the gains.

I'm surprised at the lack of easily obtained information on the art (I'm believing what you all are saying but there is alot of conflicting BS out there) and I'm surprised at the level of detail required to just prove the technology to myself.
    I bet alot of people just give up because they dont see a result and just lack the humility to put themselves in the position of admitting ignorance.

I've shut the thing off until I have time to re-do it all. (I travel for work so it might be awhile)

I'll let you know when that is complete.
    Then I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.
    I'm interested in what different waveforms (Square wave edges and FFT) may effect gas output, but I'm a ways from that!

Thanks

PS....a link to a good reactor that I dont have to build myself for this application would be greatly appreciated.
    Thyanks for all the help!

OK, I added the bubbler and turned the current down without changing anything else. The reduction in current did not decrease the gas flow at all which supports what I'm hearing here.
    The mileage, however, is completely unchanged. Apparently as long as the fuel injection computer has access to unmolested signals driectly from the O2 sensors it will not allow one bit of leaning by way of injector pulse modification outside of normal operating parameters. (excess oxygen in the exhaust means enrich no matter what) There is even one of the "volochips" installed in the vehicle which makes no difference.
    Granted my H gas production is not optimal but I'm certain there IS some production....so there should be some tiny change.

So I've ordered an EFIE to see what that does.....

Still hoping somebody has a link to an appropriate reactor for me.....perhaps 1/2 liter per minute does ABSOLUTELY nothing?

Someone should really stress that HHO means declaring war on your fuel injection system!