Thread: Dry Cell Not Drawing Amps

Dry Cell Not Drawing Amps

I have built two 17 plate dry cells which are +NNN-NNN+NNN-NNN+ I have been testing for the last two days and all the amps I have managed to get the thing to draw is just over 0.4 amps. I have even used 100% KOH and Baking Soda (not at the same time) and still it will only draw .4 amps, I'm using number 6 wire to go to the cells and my spacing in between the cells is .004 of an inch. I really need help on this, and this is my first time building one of these so be kind..

If someone could call me it would be great 1 828 735 3347 thanks

Hello!
    I'm new around here. But what i found out is that usual space between plates is 3mm (that's around 0.118 of an inch). And if i'm not mistaken, amount of KOH in H2O determine how much amps you would take...

Cheers!

Complete description of the plates and how the wires are connected, port locations etc. would be helpful. Pictures would be best. Also what kind of power supply are you using? The more information you can give us the better the help will be. That will solve the no amps problem but you have other problems based on the configuration posted. One thing at a time though.

You will be better off with +nnnnnn-nnnnnn+ than what you have.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Well I took everything apart and cleaned up some stuff, I made sure of my spacing all the way around and even added a couple more things. But I hooked 2 batteries in series, and now I'm drawing about 1.5 amps and im running a generator motor off it Thanks for the help!

By the way... To anyone who may have heard that using a filter off a cigarette will work as a flashback arrestor... It doesnt.. Period

Here are the reasons dry cells wont work.

1. Air inside the plates
    2. No water inside the cell
    3. One of the charged plate is not connected.
    4. Not enough electrolyte.

If you are using Koh little electrolye will be needed. AFter you fill the cell, with a probe make sure the charge plates have the correct electricity. That + and - are in the right place and each plate is getting .5-2.5v each. between each other.

After you make sure that is working grab a hose and connect it to your reservoir and blow!!! That will get the air out and the water in. To avoid having this issue install a drain valve. better if its in the same dry cell and fill it with water with the valve open. That way the air will come out as you fill it with water the first time and it will make maintenance easier.

I hope that helped GL!