Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 plate dry cell config for semi or large trucks ?

100 plate dry cell config for semi or large trucks ?

I am looking to build a dry cell with possibly using around 100 S/S plates measuring around 7" x 7" but don't know much about configurations. Like to know if just by using 12v or 24v and upto 30 amps, can 10 LPM of HHO be produced ?
    Appreciate with any help, thanks

No, sorry. The lpm produced scales pretty linearly with the amps available to the reactor. Figure roughly 14A per lpm for electrical needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How many liters per minute would you reckon on my set-up as stated ?

Quote Originally Posted by pdai11 View Post
    How many liters per minute would you reckon on my set-up as stated ?
    ~2.2 lpm if everything is done right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You have enough plates to do quite a few reactors to produce 2 LPM, i don't have any experience with running 5 separate reactors in parallel though so i'm not even sure that would work if you had the space.

God, that is amazing low output considering the amount of plates it's using ?

You will need 200 volts DC and 101 plates at 10 amps to make about 10 liters a minute just using brute force.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by pdai11 View Post
    God, that is amazing low output considering the amount of plates it's using ?
    pdai11,
    Yes, it is a lot of plates, but he stated that he only had 30A to work with. Amperage is what determines (if you have sufficient plate area) what your lpm will be on well prepared plates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So if i use 240v ac (UK mains) and use a converter to 12v dc and use around 100 plates, and as stated by myoldyourgold would produce around 10 lpm of HHO, would the plates last long and stays cold enough for 40 minute run daily ?
    thanks

So if i use 240v ac (UK mains) and use a converter to 12v dc and use around 100 plates, and as stated by myoldyourgold would produce around 10 lpm of HHO, would the plates last long and stays cold enough for 40 minute run daily ?
    thanks
    No No 200 volts DC 101 plates and 10 amps makes 10 lpm!!! This would have to be in one stack and not practical in a flow through sealed series design.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .