Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100 plate dry cell config for semi or large trucks ?

At 12 volts 10 amps though 100 plates in series would make no gas at all (0.12v per cell/pair). You need a minimum of 1.20 volts per cell/pair to make gas and that will not be measurable but visible. 1.75 volts per cell does make measurable gas but unless the reactor is very efficient does not compare with 1.97 to 2.3 volts per cell/pair.

Now in your 100 plate reactor, if you ran the plates parallel -+-+- etc you would boil the water almost instantly at 12v and 10 amps per cell/pair.....well very quickly anyway and blow a fuse or something faster so nothing would happen unless you had a huge rectifier etc. LOL What are you trying to do?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    No No 200 volts DC 101 plates and 10 amps makes 10 lpm!!! This would have to be in one stack and not practical in a flow through sealed series design.
    Yes, that was what i was considering, one stack of around 100 plates powered from a 3000w 240v ac to 12v dc converter, would this be right ?

Quote Originally Posted by pdai11 View Post
    Yes, that was what i was considering, one stack of around 100 plates powered from a 3000w 240v ac to 12v dc converter, would this be right ?
    No, that wouldn't be right- but I think I do see what you're trying to do here so lets do a little math, shall we?
    100 plates with a wet area of 36 sq.in. is 3600 sq.in.. At 1/4 amp per square in. that is still 900 amps. x 2V for ~1800watts. I show this not because I believe for a second that you have a source for that kind of amperage, but to give us an idea of the size of diode's that you'll need to obtain to make your converter (rectifier). These should do the trick for you- http://www.weldmart.com/store/diodes.htm
    You'll need two each of straight polarity and two each of reverse polarity, a sturdy insulated material to mount their heat-sinks that they'll need on, (plastic cutting board comes to mind), two 100mm x 150mm finned aluminium heat sinks, a mains voltage 100mm dia. computer fan to blow across them and a heavy duty electrical switch to turn the whole mess off and on with. You are obviously a madman and probably a danger to your neighborhood, so you should fit right in here... Let me know if I can be of any more assistance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]