Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Suggestion on EFIE/ Performance Chip

Need Suggestion on EFIE/ Performance Chip

I installed 772 kit on my Corolla 2000. I have initially put Mileage chip which came from the same seller (hhokitsdirect.com). I've noticed the performance going down from 12.5 KMs/ Liter to 10/ Liter.

Can someone suggest what electronic component should I use to gain mileage with HHO? The seller of Mileage Chip claims he is selling Volo chip (FS2). Should I get the chip reprogrammed or go for EFIE or MAP/ MAF enhancer?

Also, how would I know what type of EFIE I would need for my Corolla 2000?

Thanks!

I'm running a 772 in my Chevy Astro 4.3L. I originally had the mileage chip, but sent it back. I tried two versions of the EFIE's without any luck. I also replaced my O2 sensors so that they were all new and operating at the same rates. Mine had 200k miles on them.

I now just installed a new Mileage Chip, which looks exactly like the Volo Chip. Not sure if its the HHO one or a performance one. Ran a 1/2 tanks of gas today and it looks like my mileage dropped or remained the same. I did a Hot Reset of the chip and will try again. I'm also going to let it alone for about a week, where I'll put about 1k miles on it, and see what happens.

My exhaust still smells a bit rich, so something is not adjusted right. For you...if you use an EFIE, you'll need to tap into your Upstream O2 sensors, and hope that when you adjust them, your fuel mixture will change. If that doesn't work, you may have to add a chip for your MAP and/or MAF sensors.

Just make sure you keep good records of what you're doing and also the mileages that you are getting. I'm now keeping a log book to also show the new adjustments and additions to the HHO system.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    I installed 772 kit on my Corolla 2000. I have initially put Mileage chip which came from the same seller (hhokitsdirect.com). I've noticed the performance going down from 12.5 KMs/ Liter to 10/ Liter.

Can someone suggest what electronic component should I use to gain mileage with HHO? The seller of Mileage Chip claims he is selling Volo chip (FS2). Should I get the chip reprogrammed or go for EFIE or MAP/ MAF enhancer?

Also, how would I know what type of EFIE I would need for my Corolla 2000?

Thanks!
    Hi,

Normally, Toyota Corolla has one wideband sensor (A/F Ratio Sensor) before the Catalytic Converter and one Narrowband sensor (O2 sensor) after the Catalytic Converter. So, you need to make sure that your Corolla has a Wideband sensor ...

If yes, you need Wideband Dual EFIE like this one

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/wide-ba...band-dual-efie

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I'm running a 772 in my Chevy Astro 4.3L. I originally had the mileage chip, but sent it back. I tried two versions of the EFIE's without any luck. I also replaced my O2 sensors so that they were all new and operating at the same rates. Mine had 200k miles on them.

I now just installed a new Mileage Chip, which looks exactly like the Volo Chip. Not sure if its the HHO one or a performance one. Ran a 1/2 tanks of gas today and it looks like my mileage dropped or remained the same. I did a Hot Reset of the chip and will try again. I'm also going to let it alone for about a week, where I'll put about 1k miles on it, and see what happens.

My exhaust still smells a bit rich, so something is not adjusted right. For you...if you use an EFIE, you'll need to tap into your Upstream O2 sensors, and hope that when you adjust them, your fuel mixture will change. If that doesn't work, you may have to add a chip for your MAP and/or MAF sensors.

Just make sure you keep good records of what you're doing and also the mileages that you are getting. I'm now keeping a log book to also show the new adjustments and additions to the HHO system.

Good Luck.
    Thanks! Bob (772 seller) is selling MAP/ MAF enhancer as well. I think I should try that as its simple (only one sensor to deal with) and easier approach to work. Since you have already tried both chip and EFIE enhancer, may be you should try MAP/ MAF enhancer. I am a little suspicious about chips now, as hacking into ECU program may not be always successful (considering port speed and random engine needs that require continuous tweaking of signals).

All we need to is tweak the signal from air flow sensor or O2 sensor to give under rating to ECU to lower down the fuel injection... so even MAP. MAF should do it alone, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
    Hi,

Normally, Toyota Corolla has one wideband sensor (A/F Ratio Sensor) before the Catalytic Converter and one Narrowband sensor (O2 sensor) after the Catalytic Converter. So, you need to make sure that your Corolla has a Wideband sensor ...

If yes, you need Wideband Dual EFIE like this one

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/wide-ba...band-dual-efie
    Thanks So I should get Wideband EFIE enhancer...?

Also Do you suggest if I should try MAP/ MAF enhancer instead? What is your experience with it or EFIE?

Quote Originally Posted by hhoelectronics View Post
    All in one:

WIDEBAND EFIE & AFR Control

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIDEBAND-EFI...item3cb96227cb
    Thanks Looks good to me... have you used it? Whats your feedback?

have you used it? Whats your feedback?
    Better than all the others out there. I will have a full review sometime before the end of the month. I can say this that you will not go wrong buying one.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    Thanks! Bob (772 seller) is selling MAP/ MAF enhancer as well. I think I should try that as its simple (only one sensor to deal with) and easier approach to work. Since you have already tried both chip and EFIE enhancer, may be you should try MAP/ MAF enhancer. I am a little suspicious about chips now, as hacking into ECU program may not be always successful (considering port speed and random engine needs that require continuous tweaking of signals).

All we need to is tweak the signal from air flow sensor or O2 sensor to give under rating to ECU to lower down the fuel injection... so even MAP. MAF should do it alone, what do you think?
    I'm on my second tank with the chip (volo type), and still no improvement. Got about 500 miles on it now and it's still right at my base mileage. Gonna try and play with a few things, resetting the ECU and chip together, etc. HHO is running at 30A and producing great gas. MAP and MAF is the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I'm on my second tank with the chip (volo type), and still no improvement. Got about 500 miles on it now and it's still right at my base mileage. Gonna try and play with a few things, resetting the ECU and chip together, etc. HHO is running at 30A and producing great gas. MAP and MAF is the only thing I haven't tried yet.
    Then you can try something which HHOElectronics has posted in this thread...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIDEBAND-EFI...item3cb96227cb

I am thinking of buying this one to take care of both EFIEs and MAP/ MAF. I am almost certain that its very hard to get the performance chip work with the port which is supposed to read information and just erase DTCs....

I am seeing some improvements in my car after taking out mileage chip... previously I was getting 10KMs/ Liter, now I am getting 13/L. I hope by putting in EFIE and MAP/ MAF enhancers it will further improve. Another reason of buying this unit is it being generic, if I need to change my car, I can reuse it, instead of going through the same painful steps having mileage chip reprogrammed and test...

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Better than all the others out there. I will have a full review sometime before the end of the month. I can say this that you will not go wrong buying one.
    Thanks, would you please share your findings as soon as you have any updates? This will help me and others a lot to decide buying this EFIE/ MAP enhancer...