Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Suggestion on EFIE/ Performance Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    Then you can try something which HHOElectronics has posted in this thread...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIDEBAND-EFI...item3cb96227cb

I am thinking of buying this one to take care of both EFIEs and MAP/ MAF. I am almost certain that its very hard to get the performance chip work with the port which is supposed to read information and just erase DTCs....

I am seeing some improvements in my car after taking out mileage chip... previously I was getting 10KMs/ Liter, now I am getting 13/L. I hope by putting in EFIE and MAP/ MAF enhancers it will further improve. Another reason of buying this unit is it being generic, if I need to change my car, I can reuse it, instead of going through the same painful steps having mileage chip reprogrammed and test...

I had originally had an EFIE and could not get a response out of it. I was originally sent a Wideband, but my van has Narrowband sensors. So, I had to return it and install a Narrowband EFIE. I verified my wiring 3X and even made sure I was on the right wires, changed my O2 sensors, and still, no response from the ECU. This one that is posted looks interesting. I'm wondering if I need to alter my MAP or something else. I have a separate thread started for the Chevy ECU to see if there is anything out there that someone knows about that system.

Thanks, would you please share your findings as soon as you have any updates? This will help me and others a lot to decide buying this EFIE/ MAP enhancer...
    Even though I have not completed the tuning of this EFIE I can assure you that it is rock solid and that all the features work like they are supposed to. My review also has to do with the tuning and how it effects the overall performance of an engine. This is going to take some time but I will post it all when completed. This is not the only thing on my table at the moment.

The EFIE is well made and does exactly what it is made to do. My testing is comparing this to a $600 piece of electronics and so far the EFIE has shown that it does almost the same job, is designed with HHO in mind, and is a lot cheaper. I hope that helps.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

i blow raspberries at this thread..... volo *blow raspberries* EFIE *blow raspberries* lol.

even with my Yukon that has 4 O2 sensors, a MAF and a MAP and i still used a VAFC1 on it, yes a VAFC1!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvyFREXNAw

2004 Saturn Ion setup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpKeE...eature=related

Apexi VAFC2. learn it, use it.
    or
    Apexi SAFC2. learn it, use it
    or
    Apexi AFC NEO. learn it, use it

THE END