Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy 4.3L Vortec ECU

As promised, i was cleaning/draining and found some pretty nasty looking fluid on the inside of the elbows at the reactor so I took it apart to see if everything was alright.

7x7x2.125" reactor
    +nnnnn- configuration

neutrals are 5"x5.25", held in place by 1/4" gasket strips on the edges, see photos. active area is 4.75"x5", but the plates are flooded at all times.

bolts on the back were not tight at all, more than finger tight but I only needed to have the socket in my hand to take everything apart. Plates look to be very lightly sanded in a circular motion, no consistent sanding was seen on any of the plates.

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n568/havens78/

pass is hho771

I'll be hitting them hard with 40 grit sandpaper in both diagonal/horizontal/vertical directions before putting it all through a cleaning and reconstruction.

Great post. This makes me feel a lot better. This reactor is a much better than I was led to believe. I am very happy to publicly state that my doubts and understanding of this reactor were wrong.
    The only thing that is not correct is the claim of 3 to 4 LPM. But it is accurate with the gauge that they are using to measure it without removing the moisture before measuring. What you end up measuring is moisture and some HHO. The actual HHO being produced is something less than measured.

That said I see there are some ways to improve on it with out changing how it is made. It will help reduce the temp and possibly increase production per amp. The 772 is just a 3 stack of the same thing.
    PM me if you are interested. I do have a couple questions.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Havens78

I agree with myoldyourgold.This is indeed a great post.
    For the longest while I have wanted to see the makeup of this cell.
    The manufacturer labeled the a hybrid which caught my interest.

Weapn, What he calls mixing both wet and a series sealed flow through reactor is not rally much different. The major difference is that leakage can only take place over less area because the ports have less surface area where the plate is exposed. The problem with this is the current will find the smallest spot regardless of its size and turn it into a supper highway. Plates with holes in them which are located in the correct position and with the use of Weldon eliminates any advantage he has gained. It comes back to the same thing and that is it is a basic sealed series flow through reactor with modified ports. I will say that the basic idea is not bad and much better than I first understood. Here is a good example that if the seller was a little more forth coming with information there would be no misunderstandings. It is not that bad of a reactor. Still not the best but there are a lot worse ones out there. You should be able to see some gain using this reactor but it might require some minor changes in some cases. All cars or trucks are not equal.

One further observation is that this reactor should be run at under 30 (23.75) or at the best not exceed 25 amps.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

myoldyourgold

I see your point. I was also thinking about using weldon around the neutral plates after seeing the pictures.
    Does the current leakage that everyone speaks of as bad as it has been made out to be?
    I ask this because many or the so called zero leakage cells I have seen do not seem to have any better output than those using holes and no weldon.
    Personally I think zero leakage is overrated. I will be doing some experimentation of my own to confirm my theories.

I see your point. I was also thinking about using weldon around the neutral plates after seeing the pictures.
    Does the current leakage that everyone speaks of as bad as it has been made out to be?
    I ask this because many or the so called zero leakage cells I have seen do not seem to have any better output than those using holes and no weldon.
    Personally I think zero leakage is overrated. I will be doing some experimentation of my own to confirm my theories.
    Weapon, let me see if I can explain this so it is easy to understand. The HHO that most are measuring has a high concentration of moisture. You will be able to see how much if you can have access to a gas spectrometer. This is not steam but moisture. That means there is a lot less gas than is claimed. Now by reducing current leakage the efficiency goes up by using more of the current in splitting water which also results in moisture going down. More gas per amp. Now when they measure with the common devices they could find that production went down because there is less moisture. Moisture takes up a lot more space than hydrogen and oxygen and a few other gases. With less moisture you might think that you have less gas when actually you have more. The less moisture in the gas makes the gas more powerful so it takes less to do the same job. You win all the way around. In summary, more gas per amp, less moisture, more powerful gas. I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Weapon, let me see if I can explain this so it is easy to understand. The HHO that most are measuring has a high concentration of moisture. You will be able to see how much if you can have access to a gas spectrometer. This is not steam but moisture. That means there is a lot less gas than is claimed. Now by reducing current leakage the efficiency goes up by using more of the current in splitting water which also results in moisture going down. More gas per amp. Now when they measure with the common devices they could find that production went down because there is less moisture. Moisture takes up a lot more space than hydrogen and oxygen and a few other gases. With less moisture you might think that you have less gas when actually you have more. The less moisture in the gas makes the gas more powerful so it takes less to do the same job. You win all the way around. In summary, more gas per amp, less moisture, more powerful gas. I hope that helps.
    myoldyourgold

Thank you for that explanation it made perfect sense.

I'll be blasting these plates when I blast the plates for my unipolar set up, but for now I think what I did will help a little. Just a before and after photo of the plates as I was sanding.

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/...Dprocess_1.jpg

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/...Dprocess_2.jpg

Hey Havens....great pics!! I always wondered what was inside of the reactor. I have the 772, so it's just another block and electrode bigger. I was actually gonna take it apart to see what's in there.

Today, I'm going to change and backflush my system. The fluid is still active, but at 30 Amps, I maybe boiling the water and creating too much moisture. I just bought a new bottle of Robic too (NaOH crystals). Then, I'm going to doublecheck the wiring on the mileage chip. Also, going to reset the ECU and start all over. Did three different resets of the Chip without any luck.

I've run three tanks of gas this past week and got no increase at all. Still stuck at 18.4, 18.8, and 17.4mpg. Ughhhh...

That was some great explanations on the gas and amps too. I'm going to mix this next batch of electrolyte to run around 20Amps and see if anything happens. My engine is just being as stubborn as anything with this stuff.

Keep ya posted.....

Heavens, why not just blast the ports at least on the power plates and use Weldon on them. I think that will make some difference and its quick and easy just 3 plates and a small area. The Weldon will only stick where it is blasted.

You can see how far the electrolyte made it under the gasket. There is no solution for this. The reaction between the charged plates and the electrolyte is attracting ions and that pulls the electrolyte under the gasket.

Looking good. Thanks again for the pictures.

Tunderball keep at it. At the worst you might have to invest in a EFIE that can also adjust the map/maf, iat, and cts. The same company makes a unit that just does the extra stuff. This should help if nothing else works.