Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy 4.3L Vortec ECU

The purchasing of blasting equipment was put on hold for now, don't worry though i'll be getting to it and making the most out of this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Weapn, Plates with holes in them which are located in the correct position and with the use of Weldon eliminates any advantage he has gained.
    Myoldurgold

what is the correct position to place holes on plate? and what is a weldon? where do we put it and why? will appreciate your elaboration

Thanks

what is the correct position to place holes on plate? and what is a weldon? where do we put it and why? will appreciate your elaboration
    saqmaq, Weld-on 16 has been well explained in a number of threads on this forum. It is basically a liquid acrylic that insulates the edges and an area around and opposite the port to help reduce current leakage. When the plate/ports are media blasted the stuff sticks and is not affected by electrolyte and has been tested for thousands of hours. Here is a couple links using the search feature of this forum.

http://www.hhoforums.com/search.php?searchid=312048

http://www.hhoforums.com/search.php?searchid=312050

As far as location of the ports go I can give you some rules to follow but the actual location has to do with the the shape of the plate, the location of the power source, and if it is a bipolar plate or a unipolar plate. My actual location is copyrighted and is in a patent application so am not at liberty to publish it.

Here are some general rules in regards to input ports:

1. Get as far away from the power source as possible.

2. Stay at least 1 inch from any edge. (bottom or sides)

3. Stagger the ports and insulate the opposite plate area where there is no port.

4. Port size is based on the size of the exit ports. Should be about 1/2 the size or less of the exit port. This has room for experimentation based on to many things to get into here. This is just a start point!!

5. Shape of the port has no bearing on bipolar plates (neutral plates) or plates with single power connections. Duel connected/unipolar plate rules are different and proprietary and protected by copyrights etc.

Exit port rule:

1. Exit port(s) should cover as much of the top of the plate as possible staying 1 inch away from the sides and close to the top gasket as possible. Narrow slots are better than round holes.

This is based on my experimentation and I welcome others to contribute their own findings. I am sure there will be many different opinions. Mine are based on my proprietary system and so might not apply right across the board but will in most cases.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Well, here's an update on the Chevy engine & ECU. I ran about 8-10 tanks of gas from various pumps. Sunoco, Marathon, Shell, BP, Speedway, Sheetz. Also did various resets on the Volo chip, with the engine running, with the engine off. Gave it 150-200 mile to 'break in' between resets. I also back flushed the HHO system and refilled with new electrolyte and set it to run at about 20 Amps. Also modified the intake so that the HHO is dumped out right above the throttle body.

All of that, and about 2,000 miles of running.....still stuck at 18.3 mpg average. No higher, no lower.

I called Volo tech support and verified that I was resetting the chip right. They helped me verify that it was hooked up right etc.

There is something about this specific ECU that has me nailed to the wall....it just won't adjust.

Well, here's an update on the Chevy engine & ECU. I ran about 8-10 tanks of gas from various pumps. Sunoco, Marathon, Shell, BP, Speedway, Sheetz. Also did various resets on the Volo chip, with the engine running, with the engine off. Gave it 150-200 mile to 'break in' between resets. I also back flushed the HHO system and refilled with new electrolyte and set it to run at about 20 Amps. Also modified the intake so that the HHO is dumped out right above the throttle body.

All of that, and about 2,000 miles of running.....still stuck at 18.3 mpg average. No higher, no lower.

I called Volo tech support and verified that I was resetting the chip right. They helped me verify that it was hooked up right etc.

There is something about this specific ECU that has me nailed to the wall....it just won't adjust.
    11-15-2011 01:21 PM
    Thunderball, you sure have given it a good go. I hate to say this but first the Volo does not have a great success rate. I would suggest a good EFIE.

There could be two problems one being that the reactor might not be putting out enough HHO and more moisture than HHO. Problem two is the Volo is not fool proof and does not work on all vehicles. Have you gotten any help from reactor vendor? They should be able to advise you based on there claims.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Are there any EFIE's out there that have a good track record?? I tried one from HHOKits, for Narrowband sensors, and didn't do anything to the AF mix. It seemed to add or subtract voltage to the O2 to ECU signal, but I could never get it to lean out. I have all new O2 sensors in too.

My EFIE looked just like the ones on Fuelsavers website.

thanks.

Yes but I have not completed my testing of it. I will post a review when I am done. So far it is rock solid and does exactly what it is designed to do.

Thunderball, Can you post some numbers that the ultra gauge was showing on the two front 02's before you adjusted them? All the 4.3's I have checked so far (only 3) are running rich to begin with. Averaging over 700 while cruising at 75 to 80 MPH but still get 20 mpg with no load and 2 people and proper tire air pressure in the S10 on long constant speed trips.

Right now, the Ultra Gauge is showing the Front O2's running from 150 - 770 mv. With the UG reading every one second, it shows the voltage on the O2 voltage wave where it's at at that time.

Other specs that I've been monitoring:
    Engine temp: 188-190 degrees once fully warmed up
    Long Fuel Trim: hovers around 3-4
    Short Trim: anywhere from -2 to 7
    Front O2 Sensors: 150 - 770mv

All of these settings are showing WITH THE CHIP in the ON position, too. If I remember right, when I had the Narrowband EFIE installed, the O2 readings ranged from 300-1100mv, but engine performance never changed.

Try monitoring just the front 02's in real time. I think that was possible. I might be confusing it with my wideband guage that I have installed too. I am under the weather so you will have to wait till I am up an about to check exactly what mine is reading. I will post it when I do.