Hi, I'm experiencing a test to see how much hho needs a modern engine ECU.
scanner is done in real time by measuring the "burden" of the engine, the best would be a specific scanner to read the amounts that injects.
generally the level of engine load is controlled by the ECU through the injected fuel quantity and pressure of the sensor map.
I just have one simple and generic scanner, so the amounts of injeccion I can not know, so I use the data engine load percentage (that do it every scanner).
Step 1: you must turn off the generator (or move the left pwm all)
Step 2: Run the engine at operating temperature

Step 3: turn on lights, and air conditioning available (so that the engine has to work.

Step 4: adjust the throttle to put the engine revolutions which have the maximum torque (see chart), to regulate the gas I use a zip tie.

procedure:
an engine is to see its maximum torque speed check scanner burden (can hover between 15 and 20%)
slowly turning the pwm go to the right as you go up the amps up the percentage of load on the engine (pay close attention to the fan starts up and values ​​to be ignored when it happens)

go up to 1 amp, 3, 4, 5, 6 7, and so on.

if the generator is efficient and good gas has to be a time when the load decreases ligeramenmte percentage and that is the ideal point of the generator, the target value as the initial value in amperes.

test must be repeated three times raising or lowering the value pwm that initial optimism.
Note: If the engine has the EFIE oxygen sensor should function properly.