Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 771 hho kit reconstruction results

Quote Originally Posted by reggaerican View Post
    I did a read about a guy who tries to incorperate magnets into his dry cell and had the same problem, he could not push more amps to the unit due to overheating... why is this???
    The reactor isn't overheating, i'm running it with 20% NaOH Solution (1 pound of NaOH per gallon of distilled). Thermal runaway isn't a problem at all after i conditioned my plates correctly, i just can't get more out of this thing without going over the 20% solution and i haven't read anything good about going over 20%.

The only thing I can think of is that with the extra neutral plate and 1/32" smaller gasket i've made the unit more efficient and reached the limit of what i can get out of it.

Lack of heat will be the problem. It might help to heat up the electrolyte a little more when using magnets. If I remember Larry had this problem of not being able to pull enough amps and temperature was low. I would experiment with increasing the temperature of the electrolyte. Use heat from the radiator if in a car. On the bench any controlled source will work.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Lack of heat will be the problem. It might help to heat up the electrolyte a little more when using magnets. If I remember Larry had this problem of not being able to pull enough amps and temperature was low. I would experiment with increasing the temperature of the electrolyte. Use heat from the radiator if in a car. On the bench any controlled source will work.
    Hmm, i could always move the reservoir back into the engine compartment and see how much heat i can get. I like the idea of plumbing heat from the radiator, but seeing that its the wife's car i'll try moving the reservoir first. Thanks Myold

sorry bout that, i must have read you wrong. or just had that other build on my mind..
    great design btw hope you get the bugs out. I do have a questin for you by incorperating magnets like you did is that supposed to produce the same results as the ruskin filter?

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    The temperature is the key with magnets involved inside the reactor construction. Amps rose by 4 today to 21 when it was 107 degrees today, water temp was around 110.