Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 771 hho kit reconstruction results

I think you will be unhappy with the results with 8 neutrals at 13.8 volts. The best results is still at 2 to 2.3 volts per gap which sacrifices a little efficiency but you get the volume out of the available surface area in a bipolar reactor. Even though the efficiency might go up slightly the volume will go down with 8 neutrals. (Liters per watt goes up but the LPM max is limited) I know that dose not make sense to most but it will only work if you are making very good gas thus requiring less LPM to get the job done.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Thanks Carter, I did give it another try and was able to change it to 6 neutrals after being creative with my gaskets.

Rebuilt the unit after a magnetic wrap re-alignment (every little bit helps right?) of the plates and a good acetone and water rinsing. Tonight is the leak test before i get started with some power tests in the morning.

Setup is now:

+M- +NNNNNN- -M+

Magnets are set away from the power plates by 3/32 of an inch.

What's the purpose of the magnets ?

Quote Originally Posted by whear View Post
    What's the purpose of the magnets ?
    There has been research that shows a Magnetic Field will help in the process of electrolysis, how strong that field needs to be is what i'm trying to look at. If we can produce a better (more ortho than para hydrogen) quality gas and at a faster rate then we can start making smaller reactors to do the job. I know that Larry has been testing large magnets for this purpose, but I was curious if a smaller field would be sufficient enough to produce a gain in the process.

I'm a little confused after re-installing the rebuilt unit in my car. Everything is the same except for the unit itself, so the change has to be in the unit.

previous setup: -NNNNN+ 3/32" thick gaskets 20% NaOH solution.
    13.2 to 13.4 volts = 27 amps when warm. 1.6 lpm

New setup: Magnet -NNNNNN+ Magnet 1/16" thick gaskets 20% NaOH solution.
    13.5 to 13.7 volts = 16 amps when warm.

I haven't done a lpm test with the unit in the car as of yet, but with the ruskin filter installed i'm seeing even better mpg numbers than with the unit as designed before. But what puzzles me is why i can't push the unit any harder than 16 amps now, even after over an hour of hwy driving tonight I was only able to raise the amps from 13 to 14.

ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    I'm a little confused after re-installing the rebuilt unit in my car. Everything is the same except for the unit itself, so the change has to be in the unit.

previous setup: -NNNNN+ 3/32" thick gaskets 20% NaOH solution.
    13.2 to 13.4 volts = 27 amps when warm. 1.6 lpm

New setup: Magnet -NNNNNN+ Magnet 1/16" thick gaskets 20% NaOH solution.
    13.5 to 13.7 volts = 16 amps when warm.

I haven't done a lpm test with the unit in the car as of yet, but with the ruskin filter installed i'm seeing even better mpg numbers than with the unit as designed before. But what puzzles me is why i can't push the unit any harder than 16 amps now, even after over an hour of hwy driving tonight I was only able to raise the amps from 13 to 14.

ideas?
    I suspect that your gaskets are too thin. The gas shortage of room to move freely.
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity
    ~2% NaOH
    Waterless Peat Moss Bubbler

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I think you will be unhappy with the results with 8 neutrals at 13.8 volts. The best results is still at 2 to 2.3 volts per gap which sacrifices a little efficiency but you get the volume out of the available surface area in a bipolar reactor. Even though the efficiency might go up slightly the volume will go down with 8 neutrals. (Liters per watt goes up but the LPM max is limited) I know that dose not make sense to most but it will only work if you are making very good gas thus requiring less LPM to get the job done.
    you say that 2-2.3 volts sacrifices effciency but gains volume? how is this possible? are you saying if he has a larger reactor surface area (RSA <--hope this catches on ) then to go with the extra plates to increase the efficiency?

How has this setup been working for you verses a cell without the magnets? It would seem that it would be less efficient to have the magnets in the reactor than out due to the hydrogen molecules not being pulled from the oxygen yet. Now I can attest to the fact that it is beneficial to have the magnetic field outside as it aligns the molecules once they've been separated by the electrolysis.

Have you actually tested this both ways?
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    How has this setup been working for you verses a cell without the magnets? It would seem that it would be less efficient to have the magnets in the reactor than out due to the hydrogen molecules not being pulled from the oxygen yet. Now I can attest to the fact that it is beneficial to have the magnetic field outside as it aligns the molecules once they've been separated by the electrolysis.

Have you actually tested this both ways?
    I'm still running tests with the system with magnets within the cell, it has only been in the vehicle around 6 days now. i'm hoping to have some good numbers by the end of the month, so far i'm seeing great numbers on the hwy but worse mileage than before in the city.

As far as testing the cell both ways, yes I have all of the data that i have captured since i purchased this unit in the spring of 2011. After replacing a throttle body and an intake manifold gasket due to the original system not filtering out enough of the gas I found this forum.

Original Numbers built as purchased:
    4 tablespoons of NaOH to a gallon of water
    35-40 amps
    140 average electrolyte temperature
    13.4 volts at cell
    2 lpm, most of this had to be steam.
    25-30% mpg gain

Revised cell after conditioning (media blast/weld-on/passivate):
    32 tablespoons of NaOH to a gallon of water
    26-27 amps
    95 average electrolyte temperature (secondary reservoir)
    13.6 volts at cell
    1.4-1.6 lpm
    30-50% mpg gain (when volo chip wants to work)

New magnet cell: (numbers after one week) neutral plate added / magnets added
    32 tablespoons of NaOH to a gallon of water
    13-17 amps
    95 average electrolyte temperature
    13.4-13.7 volts at cell
    .5 to .8 lpm
    (need more testing before i can post any gains or losses here)

I did a read about a guy who tries to incorperate magnets into his dry cell and had the same problem, he could not push more amps to the unit due to overheating... why is this???
    I wish Mr Danials was still around to answer that one for us maybe there is something to that honeycomb design after all?

good luck with the bugs Im gonna follow along to learn with you if you dont mind...