Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using 772 Kit with Simple MAF Enhancer, still no improvements!

Unhappy Using 772 Kit with Simple MAF Enhancer, still no improvements!

I installed 772 kit 3 months back on my Corolla 2000. Tried Performance Chip, didn't work, tried simple MAF enhancer (using 47K resistor with 50K variable resistor), I can see engine going leaned when I adjust the MAF enhancer, often resulting in engine light.

Even with all adjustments, the mileage is still under the regular performance (without HHO). I used to get about 12KMs/Liter and with HHO its around 10.5 even with MAF enhancer.

I My HHO is running at 20Amps (idling - around 680RPM) and 38Amps (when car is running - high engine RPMs 1200+RPM).

Can any one please share his or her findings if experiencing great performance/ mileage improvements? What should I do further for improvements? One last thing I can try now is EFIE, but I am just scared of installing it as its very complicated to approach O2s and even after spending so much efforts, what if there is no results???

Thanks!

I would be interested in what the seller of the 772 has to say. Do they give you any help at all? I would think if they are having so much success they would want everyone to see some gains. When you contact them what do they say?

If you are going to use an EFIE make sure you get one that really does the job not some cheap thing that adds voltage etc.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I would be interested in what the seller of the 772 has to say. Do they give you any help at all? I would think if they are having so much success they would want everyone to see some gains. When you contact them what do they say?

If you are going to use an EFIE make sure you get one that really does the job not some cheap thing that adds voltage etc.
    Thanks, I tried contacting them, they are responsive but take about couple of days to reply. Also, I am not getting clear directions from them as what to do, they offered me to replace the performance chip they sent earlier with EFIE or MAFe. I asked them to send me MAFe, still waiting for it to arrive here. In the meanwhile, I decided to put simple MAF signal reducer (as I explained earlier - using resistors).

In case if the MAF enhancer also fails (see last item on the page for MAF enhancer I am going to get from http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/efie.php), do you recommend any device that works per your knowledge/ experience?

Someone on other thread advised me to buy this one, your opinion requested here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIDEBAND-EFI...item3cb96227cb

Thanks again!

Thanks, I tried contacting them, they are responsive but take about couple of days to reply. Also, I am not getting clear directions from them as what to do, they offered me to replace the performance chip they sent earlier with EFIE or MAFe. I asked them to send me MAFe, still waiting for it to arrive here. In the meanwhile, I decided to put simple MAF signal reducer (as I explained earlier - using resistors).

In case if the MAF enhancer also fails (see last item on the page for MAF enhancer I am going to get from http://www.hhokitsdirect.com/efie.php), do you recommend any device that works per your knowledge/ experience?

Someone on other thread advised me to buy this one, your opinion requested here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIDEBAND-EFI...item3cb96227cb
    Well 2 days is not bad at all. If what they suggest does not help then it is of no use though. The reactor is better than I first thought so you should be able to get some gains with the right electronics and the right amount of HHO. You might want to try less HHO(weaker electrolyte) to see if it makes a difference.

The EFIE/MAF that you have referenced on eBay is one of the best at least in my testing so far. I am not finished yet and will write a full report. I am testing the narrow band one but it is basically the same as far a function. I do not agree with the eBay vender on a number of things but the EFIE product is rock solid. I doubt with just a MAF controller you will be satisfied or see the maximum gains possible. This EFIE is a very sophisticated EFIE and a lot of engineering has gone into it.

The MAF enhancer sounds good but have not tested it and think you need to adjust everything to get it right and the maximum gain which the other EFIE can do.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Smile

Thanks for your comments. So I will wait for the MAF enhancer from HHO Kits Direct and will see if it helps, if not then I will buy the eBay device to control both O2s and MAF.

Will look forward to your detailed report once you are done with your testing. Good Luck!

Keep us posted Maverick. I have a 772 also with a Volo performance chip (from HHOKits) Mileage is stuck at 18.3, won't go higher or lower. I think we've conversed already and I have another thread running on here for the Chevy ECU, so maybe between all of us, we'll get this figured out!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Keep us posted Maverick. I have a 772 also with a Volo performance chip (from HHOKits) Mileage is stuck at 18.3, won't go higher or lower. I think we've conversed already and I have another thread running on here for the Chevy ECU, so maybe between all of us, we'll get this figured out!
    So here is my theory so far... don't laugh if you find it really stupid!

In order, we for HHO system, we should first use electronics to scale down engine's performance without raising error codes/ engine light. This step is, however, very difficult to finish with full success.

Now, that engine is running under, we need to get it back to 100%, which is done by the HHO gas injected in engine with air.

Besides, adding HHO will fool the O2 sensor that there is more oxygen in exhaust now, so further tweaking on O2 sensors should be done in this step.

To summarize all my findings so far, we cannot achieve real gains of HHO with just adjusting one sensor (MAF or O2). We must control all sensors to scale the performance accordingly.

Whatever tweaks we do, we must make sure all the signals enhancers are disabled until the engine is warm (out of choke mode), as having enhancers always working (like manual) will impact engine start behavior (which is not good)

Also, one more thing to ponder is, when idling, the amps are low and thus HHO production is low, so the tuning should be done while driving so that HHO is producing gas at max level. I've seen an EFIE enhancer with display and seller claims that the device shows sensor signal real time to give clear picture so, we need a device which has delay or read IAT reading to engage enhancers on MAF and EFIE and also show signals to provide exact readings.

I am suspicious about performance chip if they can work as the need of skewing values for sensors is very quick (real time/ continuous) and dictating ECU through diagnostics port (which is definitely slower than input/ response to sensor readings) is not a good idea unless the ECU ROM is reprogrammed to use its native map for responses.

One more looser story... I've got the MAF enhancer which by-passes the MAF sensor signal upon shutting off. When I turn on, then it follows the settings on variable resistors.

When I turn on the MAF enhancer, I see engine light coming on and still no improvements in mileage!!! Also at times engine does even start! I have to keep running starter for over 5 minutes to start the engine. I wonder if its really going to be a worth while effort in gaining mileage at all.

Now, I doubt if I put the EFIE enhancer on top of MAF enhancer with keeping 30-36Amps in HHO on my Corolla 2000 if any improvements will show. Any good ideas on what else can be done now (other than just giving up or burning my car)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Maverick View Post
    Now, I doubt if I put the EFIE enhancer on top of MAF enhancer with keeping 30-36Amps in HHO on my Corolla 2000 if any improvements will show. Any good ideas on what else can be done now (other than just giving up or burning my car)?
    If you burn it up, make sure your HHO is on.....it makes a hell of a bang!!

I've been messing with mileage chips, and EFIE's and I think some of these ECU's need a lot of multiple sensors adjusted, not just MAF, MAP, O2, etc. I'm now thinking that the ECU relies on multiple inputs and they must be adjusted together. Finding the right combination is the key. I wish we still had only carbs to deal with. Much easier! Heck, my 77 Monte Carlo got 18mpg....no different then my 01 Astro with fuel injection gets.

One more looser story... I've got the MAF enhancer which by-passes the MAF sensor signal upon shutting off. When I turn on, then it follows the settings on variable resistors.

When I turn on the MAF enhancer, I see engine light coming on and still no improvements in mileage!!! Also at times engine does even start! I have to keep running starter for over 5 minutes to start the engine. I wonder if its really going to be a worth while effort in gaining mileage at all.

I suggest you use the sellers service to help you. There claims are you should be getting 20 to 50 % gains. After spending that much money I would try and get more help form them. If they are not willing to set it straight or help then I am afraid they fall in the class of a lot of other scammers.

I would lower the amps at driving speeds to 20 and not more than 25. Try and keeping it around 20 amps if possible. 30 to 36 amps is to much for that small engine. Most 2 liter engines or smaller run 10 to 12 amps. Make sure there are no HHO leaking form any of the fittings or reservoir. Use some soapy water to test every thing. Your do not need to make any HHO at idle or have any adjustments to the maf or map at idle. Set the reactor amp draw for driving speed not idle. If it drops down at idle that is a help. I shut my reactors off at idle. Anyone who thinks that this is easy is just fooling them self. You need the right amount of everything to make it work. Who know maybe that reactor is just producing to much moisture and not enough good HHO.