Thread: 1999 honda civic with jdm d15b1 vtec. need help!

1999 honda civic with jdm d15b1 vtec. need help!

so i want to convert my civic to run on full hho. but have no idea what parts i need to do so. can anyone provide me with this info. how many lpm does my car need, its vtec so would vtec even work as good? and i do like to use the high revving my engine provides i some times red line but try to stay away from always red lining it. and what kind of tuning do i need? my engine is a 1.5l four cylinder 5 speed and red lines at 7200 rpm. this is not the original engine the original engine was a 1.6l four cylinder. i already get 40mpg, by converting will i see more mpg? or should i not bother?
    thanks.

so i want to convert my civic to run on full hho.
    Not possible by an on board reactor using brute force and energy from the alternator. It would require around 20,000 amps and have no idea where you would get all that power from.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by hondajdmd15b1 View Post
    so i want to convert my civic to run on full hho. but have no idea what parts i need to do so. can anyone provide me with this info. how many lpm does my car need, its vtec so would vtec even work as good? and i do like to use the high revving my engine provides i some times red line but try to stay away from always red lining it. and what kind of tuning do i need? my engine is a 1.5l four cylinder 5 speed and red lines at 7200 rpm. this is not the original engine the original engine was a 1.6l four cylinder. i already get 40mpg, by converting will i see more mpg? or should i not bother?
    thanks.
    I had a red 94 EX with D16z6. Got 27-30 MPG stock all the time. Figured out that the charcoal canister is attached to a venturi in the throttle body so I re-routed some hoses to a water vapor/alcohol canister. Upped the base ignition timing to 20 BTDC and used 87 octane with the water and got 38-42 MPG. Maybe try something similar then add oxyhydrogen.

The most you can hope for is to boost your mileage or power. Doubt you'll get your car running solely on it. Oxyhydrogen isn't a fuel anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I had a red 94 EX with D16z6. Got 27-30 MPG stock all the time. Figured out that the charcoal canister is attached to a venturi in the throttle body so I re-routed some hoses to a water vapor/alcohol canister. Upped the base ignition timing to 20 BTDC and used 87 octane with the water and got 38-42 MPG. Maybe try something similar then add oxyhydrogen.

The most you can hope for is to boost your mileage or power. Doubt you'll get your car running solely on it. Oxyhydrogen isn't a fuel anyway.
    Even some of the well educated engineers out there are having major difficulty running your stand ICE 100% on hydrogen. I doudt any of us "tinkerer" have all the proper tools to do so. I don't mean to sound negative here, because I enjoy thinkering on this process. As Stevo mentioned HHO is used a cataylist/enhancement not a source of fuel.

Stevo,

do you have a photo of your water vapor system? I have one I built from a plan I found, I am currently testing it on the wife's town Car. All I hear her tell meis how her is running better than it was (she has a heavy foot).