Thread: Cleaning old plates

Cleaning old plates

It's that time of the year when I swapped out cell with my clients. It is a yearly routine I've incorporated with the system I installed locally, when I take year old cell and replaced them for a clean cell before I winterized the system.

Looks great, a yearly routine sounds like a very smart practice.

thanks for the post!

Well, what did you use to do that, chief?? Don't leave us swinging in the breeze like that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ben, could you number the plates in picture titled "before" the second before picture in the order they were in the reactor? 1 through 13. Also could you tell me briefly what the other side of the plates looked like if it was different from any of the other same polarity plates. This information might help you get a little more out of your reactor if I can figure it out. This might not be possible because you might not remember exactly which plates go where and exactly what the opposite side looked like. Good cleaning job.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Well, what did you use to do that, chief?? Don't leave us swinging in the breeze like that!
    This "olde Chief" is getting forgetful. I used Muriatic Acid, 4 gl. water to 2 cups of Acid. I let them soaped for an hour them just spray them off with garder hose.

Myold,

Now you are asking me to think more than my usual. Sorry I did not pay attention on the plates when I lay them down to take the picture. The one plate with the wire was one of the pos plate and the one at the very end on the right was the other pos. Sorry that's all I recall, I am taking another apart this week end I will take note how they are.