Thread: How to measure LPM

How to measure LPM

I am looking for a way to measure real HHO LPM. I've seen other techniques like water displacement but that doesn't account for the vacuum effect produced by thee air intake. looking at the bubbler, I can see different behavior when I am idling and when I am pressing gas.

If there is a vacuum effect, we must see what is the LPM when HHO producing less than 1LPM and demand is high... does it suck more or not.

Does any one know if we can buy digital inline flow meter for cheap price?

In my case, when I ran my drycell connected to the Intake manifold vacuum, the generation was apparently enormous, but also it must have engulfed all to the engine, because I ended up after a 110 mile trip without water in the reservoir and the bubbler was dry. Vacuum produces a boil over in the electrolisis I believe. I removed the connection and put it back to the other side of the throttle body, in the intake very close to th butterfly. I was desperate also because lack of gains with the HHO, Volo chip does not work either, at least with my scion xb 2004 which has the same engine/ECU as a Yaris or prius or echo of that year

Quote Originally Posted by pimpo View Post
    In my case, when I ran my drycell connected to the Intake manifold vacuum, the generation was apparently enormous, but also it must have engulfed all to the engine, because I ended up after a 110 mile trip without water in the reservoir and the bubbler was dry. Vacuum produces a boil over in the electrolisis I believe. I removed the connection and put it back to the other side of the throttle body, in the intake very close to th butterfly. I was desperate also because lack of gains with the HHO, Volo chip does not work either, at least with my scion xb 2004 which has the same engine/ECU as a Yaris or prius or echo of that year
    Regarding your concern, I've posted all my findings and conclusions about this project of HHO in this thread:

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....7414#post47414

Again, for sure, you cannot get output from performance chip, you HAVE TO tweak ALL sensors' signal (not just MAFe or EFIE alone but both and IAT and CTS).

I am still looking for a way to see with my eyes the LPM output/ usage while HHO installed and consumed in the car when engine is running. This would be a better way to judge performance and adjust car electronics accordingly.

Whether under pressure, neutral (atmospheric pressure only) or slight vacuum, production at a given amperage is constant. As has been gone over many times, the most accurate method of measurement is a well made eudiometer, because any gauge specifically calibrated for hho will ONLY be accurate when it is receiving bone dry gas. Unless you have a cool kilobuck to drop on a custom calibrated meter and a sure fire foolproof gas drier, IMHO you're just wasting your time. But hey, it's your money, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]