Thread: Installing with Wideband O2 sensor

msheppa Guest

Installing with Wideband O2 sensor

I have been looking all over the internet at several forums trying to find the solution to the Wideband O2 snesor problem. If you have a newer vehicle (2004-current) you probably have a Widband O2 sensor. The current EFIE does not work on these since they operate under different rules. Has anyone here had any luck with a Wideband O2 sensor install?

scirockett Guest
    LC-1 is a common wideband.. when installing a wideband, you'll likely not integrate it with your factory management, but rather just log data to evaluate your burn conditions, or use a guage to monitor conditions. Typically, another bung is required to run a wideband if you can't integrate with management and use a your primary o2.

robert Guest

wideband

i have a 2008 honda civic and i'm thinking i have a wide band o2 sensor. How do i find out ? I tried a map sensor enhanser and it will bog the engine only for a second if i turn the knob real fast and then it goes back to normal so the computer is to smart for that. so what is my solution if I have a wide band o2

New Hydro-linx Will Trick Wide-band

HOWZIT,
    WHILE DOING RESEARCH FOR MY SYSTEM FOR MY 00 TOYOTA PRE-RUNNER 3.4L V6 W/4 WIRE WB AFR/OXY SENSOR I LOCATED THIS AND LOOKS PROMISING .
    WWW.HYDROGENREACTORS.COM

ANOTHER VERY CLEAN VMU THAT WILL TRICK THE AFR'S IS :
    WWW.HYDROXYCORP.COM
    EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT .

CHEERS!!

I have considered converting to a wideband O2 sensor, but really haven't found the time to do much more than research the possibility.
    I have seen adapters that will interface a wideband O2 sensor to a narrowband computer, and one might not even have to put an EFIE in the wideband circuit if the adapter is adjustable.(Same effect)

I've also wanted to tweak the control tables stored in my computer, and there are kits available to do that in realtime.

I have an 87 Chevy Astro Van sporting a V6. It has the old 1Mhz motorola 6800 processor that was used in the Comodor64.

The van has almost 600k miles on it, and I believe the engine will likely outlast the rest of the vehicle.

I've made several modifications to the van for the purpose of longevity.

The batteries outlast their warranty, usually lasting twice the warranty period.
    The day the battery fails, it cranks the engine like a new battery.
    Next time I try to crank the engine, all the lights go off, so the failure is an internal connection break.
    Also, the longest lasting batteries available for any vehicle are from Catapillar. I've seen them outlast some vehicles.

I use a bypass filter on the engine oil.
    Only change the engine oil when I get new tires, approx 80k miles.
    The specs on the bypass filter are 2 micron absolute, and it's similar to having an oil change every 15min.
    In reality, oil never wears out, it only gets contaminated.
    And I've only ever used Havoline straight 30 weight.
    If you're using another oil, stick with what you're using.
    If your engine is dirty, cleaning it up could quickly have you smoking like a freight train.